• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

High acidic acids in kidneys

Krounes

Hi I have a 11 months old Chacoan Tegu He weighs in at 1634 I don't remember if the doc said grams or milligrams or kilograms I'm not sure. He's just under 2 feet long. I took him to the vet last week and they took blood and called me today about it. And told me everything looks great he just has a high acids something in his pee/kidneys and that it's because he's not getting enough water. But I don't know what to do to get him to drink more water he hates being in water anytime he falls into his water bowl he crawls right out. I give him socks in the tub until he goes potty, which takes close to 30 min or more. I told the dock that he gets a minimum of a 15 min soake a day maybe more and he said to increase it which I'm already doing. I don't know what els to do. image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg

Justin

5 Year Member
Make sure the humidity in his enclosure is at least 70% one thing that may help is if your feeding mice is to soak them in water for 30 min before feeding as they will absorb water and swell up.

Krounes

Make sure the humidity in his enclosure is at least 70% one thing that may help is if your feeding mice is to soak them in water for 30 min before feeding as they will absorb water and swell up.
It's set to 80% and I'll try the soaking in water with his fuzzy

dpjm

5 Year Member
Make sure you clean the water bowl well and offer fresh water daily. They are attracted to fresh, clean water.

Krounes

We'll see he's constantly flinging stuff into his water bowl, I change it before I leave for class and when I come back but every time I clean it give him a few minutes and there will but stuff in his water bowl. He's a little punk I tell ya lol.

DreamsOfTegus

Go to a livestock supply store. They will probably have them behind the counter due to thieves, but they should have them. Both sterile syringes and needles. Now, yours doesn't need to be sterile since it's not injecting anything into a live animal, but do wash it well between uses to avoid build up of bacteria and replace the needle every few uses. They aren't expensive.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mightytegu