• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

How much do you love your tegu?

chelvis

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I only ask because my co-workers looked at me weird today when I told them this story.

So Bosco has a kane heating mat that he loves to sleep on. On chilly nights it does an amazing job to keep him warm. Anyway long story short it stopped working! It hasn't been that cold so he has just had to suck it up and deal with a chilly night. Well last night got dang right cold. Basking lights would have kept him up and don't really heat the whole cage like the heat pad did.

My first thought was well my bed is warm and Bosco wants to be warm so Bosco can sleep in the bed. And that's what I did. He started off on the other side of the bed in his blanket and then slowly made his way over to where I was sleeping. I woke up to spooning with my lizard. Now this is not the first time I have slept with my tegu in my bad. When it gets really cold at night I will move him to the foot of the bed, but this is the first time he cuddled up with me.

All my co workers think it strange that I am willing to let my tegu into bed with me. Is it really that weird? I mean the dogs and cat sleep in my bed, now granted my tegu is not a cat or dog.

Bubblz Calhoun

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Some people just don't get it, they choose to have their kids or what ever and other people choose pets.
As for how much I love mine, most of the time they eat better than I do and I don't hesitate to cut back on my own expenses to make sure they're set and to keep them,... nuff said :D.

frost

1,000+ Post Club
im surprised he didnt go wander off in the middle of the night like most kids do lol.

JohnMatthew

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
My GUs get brought in after we start getting freezing lows. They hibernate in the same room in which I sleep and it's not uncommon for me to wake up with a lizard laying on my chest with its head nestled under my chin on cooler nights. On really cold nights they'll actually wedge themselves underneath me for some extra warmth.

laurarfl

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
If I wasn't married, I would probably let one in my bed. But husband wouldn't allow it, lol. plus, Kreacher would have to compete for space with the dogs and cat.

Aardbark

5 Year Member
Dont let those co workers bother you. A tegu is nothing different than a cat or dog, it can be a beloved pet. I love my little zilla so much and she had free roaming on my bed whenever she wants. Normaly she likes nuzzleing up against my feet and not my chest.

Dubya

1,000+ Post Club
Damn. I already have a wife, small dog and 2 cats that sleep in the bed every night. sometimes the other small dog and 2 other cats also pile in for a total of 1 wife, 2 small dogs, and 4 crazy cats. If anyone knows of a bed bigger than king size, I'd like to know about it. That being said, What is the difference if Gwangi the tegu sleeps there too? Wife loves him.

chelvis

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
LOL ya I saw nothing weird with that and Bosco doesn't seem to mind. That being said this weekend I will be taking my reptiles back down to my moms house. Its just impossible to keep them warm enough in my house with no reliable electricity or heating. I was hoping we would have warmer weather until end of November but won't happen.

I am sure more crazy Bosco and Darwin escape stories will be coming around soon.

chriswizz

5 Year Member
cool story, i wish my wife would let me have george in bed for a winter cuddle, im afraid its not going to happen though. hes going to have to settle for a sofa cuddle instead for now.

Diablo

5 Year Member
Are you ever afraid of rolling on them and killing them? I roll and move a lot in my sleep and I guess maybe when Yoshi gets to be big enough he could share my bed but I would be worried about rolling on him.

Sent from my DROID RAZR

chelvis

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Have never squished him yet, he moves to where he is comfy and then that seems to be it. I am very use to sharing my bed with animals. It was funny to watch the dogs get use to the idea.

JohnMatthew

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Diablo said:
Are you ever afraid of rolling on them and killing them? I roll and move a lot in my sleep and I guess maybe when Yoshi gets to be big enough he could share my bed but I would be worried about rolling on him.

Sent from my DROID RAZR

Boon can actually lift me, or at least parts of me when he works his way underneath on those extra cold nights. I'm a heavy sleeper so it's quite the surprise when I get up and find Boon curled up, deep in sleep right where I was laying.

chelvis

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Yeah Bosco can work his way under me at times. Helps that I have a foam mattress so there is a bit of give. Adult tegus are built like tanks.

reptastic

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
lol OK I thought I was the only one, I have let storm sleep my bed a few times, not a single problem until he decides to get more comfortable in the middle of the night

BatGirl1

1,000+ Post Club
I have a california king hand carved italian canopy bed...haha.in which I snuggle with my dogs,snakes,lizards...and my human kids :) in my old house power went out every storm.so i'd have bearded dragon,cuban knights anole,snakes in my shirt to keep them from dying.now i'd also have a tegu to add.so no...not weird.I think we all love our pets like you do, and some people just think dogs and cats are the only 'normal ' pets because have fur and 'snuggly '...but my reptiles are just as snuggly to me. :)

Sent from my ZTE-Z990G using Tapatalk 2

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mightytegu