• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Huffing Columbian

Thongy

5 Year Member
So, I've had my columbian for about four weeks now, and for the past week he started huffing a bit, he's doing it more recently now. I have no clue if this is normal and googled it didn't really find much results. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

- Thongy

skippy

5 Year Member
sounds normal to me :mrgreen: when i had my 2 they would huff at me on occasion when they weren't in the mood to be fuddled with. come to think of it... my argentine boy does the same thing ;)

Anthony

5 Year Member
i saw a columbian at the pet store today he looked like he didnt want to be bothered at all and looked mean lol

TEGU_JAKE

5 Year Member
i had a columbian that would do that but then i started to put a shirt in his cage. but i found out the more you feed it and keep it full it tamed down pretty good and i was able to do anything with mine

Jefroka

5 Year Member
My extreme giant juvenile does not tail whip or open his mouth, but it seems huffing is a very normal thing with these lizards.

After feeding mine, I let him roam on the bed, he loves to explore! During his explorations, I often see and hear him "huff" if he doesn't like something, it could be the wall or the blanket or the edge of the bed or a sudden movement from me. Its just a little huff, almost a half huff really, but a huff nonetheless, and then its done and over with like nothing happened.

He usually does this as he is moving, not as if he's cornered and showing aggression, just a little "hey, don't know if I like that" and its forgotten.

...Jefroka

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980