• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

i need advise on my baby red

RachaelE.

Had this baby about two and a half month. Brought him home from a show, wouldnt eat pinkies like i was told he eats. Fell into the trap of ground turkey and egg. He was eating. Not comming out very often, thought he was still brumating. Then all of a sudden he started comming out daily. But stopped eating. Lost weight. Looks horrible and im terrified hes dying. Hes in a 40 breeder. I have the basking temp at 125. Humidity is 70%. He has a nice hide good substrate. I have tried to do everything right. Anyway, now that he hasnt eaten his skin is wrinkly. I can c what looks like his bones down his tail. And has his eyes closed alot while hes walking around the last two days or so. He also had a prolapse. We did the sugar water soak. It went away. Two days later it came back. Soaked again and it went away. Mdb? Dehydration? Parasites? Any ideas what ive done to this poor baby? The diet? Should he have d3 vitamin. He has the proper uvb. I read conflicting arguments on the d3. I have a golden baby i got as a rescue who had the same conditions, seperate enclosures, and he is thriving. I cant understand y my red is doing so horrible. Here r two pics i just took. Please

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-05-14-13-07-56.png
    Screenshot_2016-05-14-13-07-56.png
    508.4 KB · Views: 48
  • Screenshot_2016-05-14-13-08-04.png
    Screenshot_2016-05-14-13-08-04.png
    518.5 KB · Views: 45

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members