• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Iggy Depression?

Draco D Tegu

Has anyone had any experience with thier iguanas going through a depressed phase? I swear mine is moodier than a swatted hornet.

I haven't changed anything in his environment, but he has become "withdrawn". You pet him, he closes his eyes and pretends you're not there. He was eating out of my hand and has now decided to ignore even his favourite treats. And most annoyingly of all, he tries knocking his light domes off his cage.

I've noticed this appears cyclic, during the weeks before and after he sheds. This time it seems worse, although this is the first year I've had him (had him about 10 months). Could he be getting broody because of the winter coming?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mightytegu