• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Introduction

Noobske

5 Year Member
Hey everyone,

My name is Martijn and I'm from the Netherlands. I don't have any Tegu's (yet). At the moment I have 3 reptiles namely: 1 male Bearded Dragon named Jack and a couple of Tokay Gecko's named Waldo & Hyde. I registered here to learn more about the fascinating creatures known as Tegu's so that I may keep one properly some day (looking for a house to live together with my girlfriend at the moment :)).

If you want pictures, please look here: Photo album

Apophis

Welcome! That's good you are doing research ahead of time, I did a year of research before I got a Tegu and I am still learning 3 years later :) Tegu forums are an invaluable source of information in my opinion.

Noobske

5 Year Member
Will be a while before getting a Tegu, I want Waterdragons first so I'll have experience with larger animals. And the person that I want to buy a Tegu from hasn't got any reds yet so I'll have to wait till she gets them and gets them to breed :) Enough time to read into them ;)

Apophis

Sounds cool, what type of Waterdragon do you plan on getting? I don't know much about them but they seem interesting and like a good warmup for a tegu. Also, looks like you have some nice customized enclosures. I like the foam backdrop technique...I may have to try that out.

Noobske

5 Year Member
I plan on building a big tank of 2x1x2 meter for 3 or 4 waterdragons (Physignathus cocincinus) in the livingroom.

Noobske

5 Year Member
LizardzRock, it seems I cannot PM you back so here's the answer:

LizardzRock said:
Hi Noobske,

I am fairly new to this forum as well. I was wondering if you could share with me what you use on the Styrofoam of your enclosures. Will be doing something like that soon, but do not know what to I should use to create a sealed layer/barrier.

Again welcome to the forum!

LizardzRock

Hey LizardzRock,

Well, I haven't made the last two myself because I simply didn't have the time to do it myself but I do know the technique. For the background use styrofoam of 3 cm thick, for the sides use 2 cm thick. Cover it it with a minimum of 4 layers of tileglue (not sure if this is the correct translation :p). Use the one that comes as a powder so you can make it as thick as you want. First layer as thick between milk and yoghurt, second layer as thick as mayonaise. Third layer same as 2nd, you can use a moist spongue to get the tileglue everywhere. In the fourth layer you can add concrete powder to make it really hard and color. You can also use grafitti but be sure to 'air' the tank by putting it outside for like 2/3 days. If it's for tropical animals then use epoxy so it can withstand the moist surrounding. Don't try this for Tegu's though (so i've been told) because they tend to destroy everything :p

Noobske

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phi Long