• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

JBW Exotics Farm- Jan 21st Dixie Reptile Show- See a Majestic!

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Tegu Dude said:
james.w said:
The only way you will get 6 digits for a tegu is putting 3 zeros after the decimal point.

In 3 years, Me or LaRocca wont let our hybrids go for less than 5-10 thousand dollars, LOL! U made me laugh so hard! Quick whits Tegu Dog! Thats my nickname for u! LOL AGAIN!!!! LOL EVEN AGAIN, I was laughin so hard my tegus woke up and came out of there bedroom looking for me! I might change my bus name to tegu house or something!!! I want to keep the JBW in there though, since me and my dad have the same initials. If this is James, who went to school w Jason, aka J Dog, Change ur name to Tegu Dog! U know my home # 3343659543 Hit me up!

I don't know a Jason and you don't know me. Feel free to call me Tegu Dog, I'm gonna call you Tegu Joke. I guarantee that unless you are breeding albinos or have another morph that noone knows about you will never get more than $1000 for a tegu.

laurarfl

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Farmer and biologist in Alabama? I think this sounds familiar. I'm not a hater and I'm not meaning to dis your thread, sir. But when you said 6 digits for a tegu, I almost spit my coffee all over my computer screen. 1) No one is spending that kind of money any more 2) The reptile industry is so volatile right now in case you haven't noticed. Tegus are surely next to be added to the injurious species list once the constrictor fight is done.

Dana C

It would appear that this "full time farmer and biologist" must have skipped the required English classes in both high school and college. He also must have had a real rough time with journals, essay's and other papers that would be required without being able to type as he claims.

TeguBuzz

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Dana C said:
It would appear that this "full time farmer and biologist" must have skipped the required English classes in both high school and college. He also must have had a real rough time with journals, essay's and other papers that would be required without being able to type as he claims.

Haha, well said!

teguboy77

5 Year Member
Dana C said:

Again very well said lol.

The most i ever payed for a tegu was 750.00 and that was a albino from Ron St. Pierre, back in 2002 and that to me was alot lol.I was going to buy a Majestic tegu off LaRocca last year and it never went down,he told me he was going to sell them for 1,000 dollars i told him it was a bit high.

Tegu Dude

The 6 digits thing was a joke, but I have 3 infant hybrids you couldnt get from me for a million. I can write very well. Once I handwrite something, I can hunt and peck very quickly. When I was in high school, we didnt have computers. You guys really need to get a life instead of sitting in front of your comp all day trying to make someone else look bad, it just makes you look like aholes. The only reason I'm on the comp now is b/c my mom is sick & I have to keep coming here to check on her. I have barely slept all night, havent even had the chance to go feed my quail, check my insect colonies, feed amphibians, clean tegu cages, build new cages, mix soil, pot & clone plants, etc., and dont need another headache. You guys sit on your buts and have your fun trying to piss off someone you dont know, but I dont care. I started this thread to let ppl know that I will be in Birmingham, AL on the 21st with some awesome plants and animals you've prob never seen, great deals on feeders, etc., and I'd like to meet some cool new ppl and their animals (you can bring your pets & other animals for sell/trade to this show). I sure hope no person ignorant as most of you seem to be comes to my table. If you do, bring your"problem" tegus with you so I can teach you that you are the problem. I've never met a problem animal, just problem owners.

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Tegu Dude said:
The 6 digits thing was a joke, but I have 3 infant hybrids you couldnt get from me for a million.

I find this hard to believe seeing as you are expecting to sell your future hybrids for 5K-10K a piece. Sounds like you are all about money. I'm sure if someone approached you with a suitcase with a million dollars in it, those infants would be changing hands.

Tegu Dude

Bubblz Calhoun said:
Tegu Dude and JBW Exotics are the same person with 2 accounts on this site

Wow Mr Holmes! The thread starts as JBW Exotics! I couldnt figure out how to change my username to Tegu Dude so I started a new one. How do I delete the other if it offends you so?

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I wonder if the fact that your other account has a negative reputation has anything to do with you wanting to change your username.

Tegu Dude

james.w said:
I wonder if the fact that your other account has a negative reputation has anything to do with you wanting to change your username.

No, all the negatives were from one person. If you notice YOU are the only other person to submit a reputation and it was positive. You bought crickets from me and had a smooth transaction. Need any more? $15-$18/1000 at the show! $2.50/100+ in grab and go containers!

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
No I no longer have any animals that eat crickets. Thanks though.

Bubblz Calhoun

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
That's your log in, business name and what you promote then why change it? Positive or negative rep it is what it is no need to create another account as someone else. It's not hard to email or pm Josh or one of the moderators to help you change your name.

Just because the thread starts that way doesn't necessarily mean that you are that person. If so you could and should have explained the situation as such. "Its me JBW or what ever, now tegu dude,.. couldn't figure out how to change my name so",... yadda yadda yadda then on with promoting the show.

laurarfl

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Well, I have to admit if the person I'm thinking of tagged you with negative rep, Tegu Dude, he got me, too. He was an interesting person who just like to troll. I pm'ed him and he left me alone. I'm sure you have plenty to add to any forum. If I may make a well-intentioned suggestion...Cutting the "swag" back a bit that comes across in your posts might make people attack your threads less. There's always something that is awkward about the net. Humor doesn't always come across well, for example. Sometimes there is something that comes across a post that sounds cocky but maybe the poster didn't mean for it to sound like that.

Tegu Dude

laurarfl said:
Well, I have to admit if the person I'm thinking of tagged you with negative rep, Tegu Dude, he got me, too. He was an interesting person who just like to troll. I pm'ed him and he left me alone. I'm sure you have plenty to add to any forum. If I may make a well-intentioned suggestion...Cutting the "swag" back a bit that comes across in your posts might make people attack your threads less. There's always something that is awkward about the net. Humor doesn't always come across well, for example. Sometimes there is something that comes across a post that sounds cocky but maybe the poster didn't mean for it to sound like that.

Yea he just sent neg after neg after neg. Some were so stupid. I pm'ed him and he left me alone also.

Tegu Dude

You can go to my website and click pics to see 1 of my majestics and a few of my other tegus. The pic of star was from a year ago, she has a lot more color now. my website is jbwexotics.com

AP27

I'd just like to say that getting a free harness for my tegu would've been pretty nifty if i didn't live so far away. He hates the ferret harness he currently has.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mightytegu