• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Juvenile size

Utahraptor

5 Year Member
Hi tegu pros!

I'm brand new to keeping tegus, having just purchased my first at the LA show last weekend. Unfortunately, in the excitement of having found my new buddy, I neglected to ask how old he was. He's a Colombian gold tegu and about a foot in length. Any rough estimates on age?

Thank you!

tupinambinae

5 Year Member
My CB hatchlings are about 2-4 months old with this size.

The size depends how it was kept in the past, so it could be older.

Marlene

5 Year Member
I'm glad you asked this question, because I did the same thing at that show when I purchased my gold Tegu. It's about the same size and I got it from the South Bay Tropical Marine & Reptile booth. I've always loved Tegus and I just had to buy it. It was love at first sight! Well, now I know the approximate age of mine. :-D

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mightytegu