• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Keeping Mice out of an Truck Engine

Dubya

1,000+ Post Club
Maybe you can sit in the garage at night with a good airgun with a night vision scope and a Keurig with a bunch of K cups. Watch Caddyshack for more ideas.

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Maybe you can sit in the garage at night with a good airgun with a night vision scope and a Keurig with a bunch of K cups. Watch Caddyshack for more ideas.

Eh. Make it more fun and at least drink beers, not caffeine.

chelvis

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
the guy at the hardware store said not to use the giant destroyers :( something about flame risk and what not, so that's out. I have tried to hit them with a paint ball gun and all I ended up with was a pokidotted truck. Gonna see if the hot sauce and the mouse bait work.

Dubya

1,000+ Post Club
bigrat-jpg_223315.jpg
Rats and mice do not get along. You will not find mice in a place frequented by rats. I suggest releasing rats into your garage. Gambian Pouched Rats would be my rat of choice.

chelvis

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I want a Gambian Pouch rat as a pet but they are invasive and get people sick and what not so I guess I won't get one.

That's a nice BB gun, too bad intimidation doesn't work so well on mice.

BatGirl1

1,000+ Post Club
My rat ate a mouse before. Not pretty. Not to highjack but I want an armadillo. Soooo cute. Somebody send me a baby please ;)

Dubya

1,000+ Post Club
D, I will work on that armadillo thing. I am very resourceful. I am already on the waiting list for a Dama wallaby.
wallaby-0016.jpg

chelvis

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
lol...
getting back on topic.

Hot sauce did not work, found the little bugger sleeping in the air filter again this morning. The moth balls did work but they need to be replaced ever week, that's what I was doing when I found her curled up. Needless to say that is one deer mouse who is no more.

I did find that she had been using the felt from around the battery terminals as nest material. So I put new felt pads and placed the rat bait right next to the battery. The hope being that any future mice take the bait as well as bedding. I also mush wire mesh on the intake areas of the air filter case, here's hoping that works.

chelvis

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I have lived at the same house and worked at the same location for two years now and never had a problem. Don't know what it is this year. Maybe the next rattle snake I catch I will let it lose in the engine to get the bugger.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pags1029