• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Korbens first day out

Bubblz Calhoun

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
With a harness and no barriers that is. He has been more willing to approach me and climb up my arm to spend time outside of his enclosure. So I put his harness on for the first time and took him outside.

He did very well,.. tried to get the harness off for a bit but that was it. It was a little windy and the weather wasn't the greatest heat wise so we didn't stay out long. But he did stretch out and take in some rays.

I think I'm gonna have to change his name,.. he's looking more female to me.

IMGP3896.jpg

IMGP3900.jpg

IMGP3903.jpg

The wind blew the leaves and he did hide for a bit,..

IMGP3905.jpg

but not for long.

IMGP3909.jpg

IMGP3912.jpg

IMGP3917.jpg

If only he was this calm over the summer,.. better late than never :D

kellen.watkins

That's awesome :) I bougt a small ferret harness for eli this morning but he put up such a fuss over wearing it I gave up for now lol

JohnMatthew

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Dang, beautiful columbian! (S)he looks like he was diggin that natural light too, nice pics.

Rhetoric

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I love the "sock" on his/her foot in the first couple pictures. Whats the weather like for you in the winter? I'm jealous you can still take yours outside! I think today was a high of 38* or so.

Bubblz Calhoun

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
kellen.watkins said:
That's awesome :) I bougt a small ferret harness for eli this morning but he put up such a fuss over wearing it I gave up for now lol

:) The first pic is him before trying to get out of the harness. With the second and third, the crooked harness, look on his face and body language says it all. Once he figured out it wasn't coming off :D he was obviously not impressed.

JohnMatthew said:
Dang, beautiful columbian! (S)he looks like he was diggin that natural light too, nice pics.

Thanks,.. it wasn't warm enough to get much heat but he definitely caught some UVs.

Posted by dragonmetalhead - Yesterday 12:14 PM said:
How long is Korben? He looks a lot like Kodo, although more lightly built. Beautiful tegu.

Thank you,.. he's exactly 2ft. The more I look at old pics of Spaz, body wise he's pretty much like her except she was a little heavier.

[quote='teguboy77]
Awsome looking colombian good luck with the harness!![/quote]

Thanks,.. he'll eventually out grow it but it's better to get him started and use to having one on while he's coming around.

rhetoricx said:
jI love the "sock" on his/her foot in the first couple pictures. Whats the weather like for you in the winter? I'm jealous you can still take yours outside! I think today was a high of 38* or so.

It's been in the upper 50's low 60's for the pass few days which is why we didn't stay out long. I put the towel down for him to stretch out on since the ground is still cold. Once he relaxed I started pulling off the loose pieces.

kellen.watkins said:

:) The first pic is him before trying to get out of the harness. With the second and third, the crooked harness, look on his face and body language says it all. Once he figured out it wasn't coming off :D he was obviously not impressed.

JohnMatthew said:

Thanks,.. it wasn't warm enough to get much heat but he definitely caught some UVs.

dragonmetalhead said:
How long is Korben? He looks a lot like Kodo, although more lightly built. Beautiful tegu.

Thank you,.. he's exactly 2ft. The more I look at old pics of Spaz, body wise he's pretty much like her except she was a little heavier.

teguboy77 said:
Awsome looking colombian good luck with the harness!!

Thanks,.. he'll eventually out grow it but it's better to get him started and use to having one on while he's coming around.

rhetoricx said:
I love the "sock" on his/her foot in the first couple pictures. Whats the weather like for you in the winter? I'm jealous you can still take yours outside! I think today was a high of 38* or so.

It's been in the upper 50's low 60's for the pass few days which is why we didn't stay out long. I put the towel down for him to stretch out on since the ground is still cold. Once he relaxed I started pulling off the loose pieces.

Maybe it's something in the message I was posting but the previous reply didn't post.
When I preview I can see the message put nothing when posted

kellen.watkins said:

JohnMatthew said:

dragonmetalhead said:

teguboy77 said:

rhetoricx said:

kellen.watkins said:

JohnMatthew said:

dragonmetalhead said:

teguboy77 said:

rhetoricx said:

reptastic

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Male or female korben is one fine columbian, he is getting big too, great job

Bubblz Calhoun

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
still not working?
kellen.watkins said:

JohnMatthew said:

dragonmetalhead said:

teguboy77 said:

rhetoricx said:

Thanks Rep :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mightytegu