• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Leash training ...

Jrock23

So last night was the first time I actually tried leash training with my gold tegu. Epic fail lol.. This guy would move, he would just sit still and look at me crazy. Like dude take this off please lol.. So I tried rubbing his back and he would continue to be so relaxed. But when I rub his head and continue down his back. He would start to freak out and bite the leash and or use his feet to try to take the leash off. I will continue the leash training hopefully there will be a change in his attitude.. I find that this can also be a good taming training method. Because I really don't like the water taming method because it focuses your lizard to submit..

Walter1

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I wonder if putting the restraining piece on him without the leash and let him live with that in his cage for a week. Get used to it??

Jrock23

Ok I will try that method and see how well it works.. I will put it on him whenever he comes out of his burrow...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980