• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Lighting my enclosure

First Time Tegu

5 Year Member
Ok the enclosure itself ends up being pretty inexpensive (everything priced), but now the lighting is confusing me a bit.

I plan on having two basking areas, initially I wanted to get two Megaray EB bulbs but they produce very little heat and honestly I don't want to set up two bulbs at each basking location.

I was thinking of just having two bulbs plus a florescent light strip. Using that setup what bulbs would you suggest using?

Would something like two Megaray HP bulbs (1 per basking spot) and a 10.0 uvb florescent bulb work? Do you suggest some other setup?

Also what do I do about night time temps, my ambient temp at night is generally 70-75. I know that is more than likely an OK temp. but I just want to see what you guys do for night time temps.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mightytegu