• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Lilo my savannah

herpgirl2510

Checking out my tegus enclosure

photobucket030.jpg

photobucket035.jpg

photobucket029.jpg

frost

1,000+ Post Club
how tame is she.i would love to cuddle her,and i guessing you would too.lol

Strange_Evil

5 Year Member
One of the most greatest looking sav's i have seen. Its a shame you don't see too much making it to even get that size. How old?

herpgirl2510

She is about a year. We spend time together when she eats I can pet her and feed her with tongs. She was well taken care of I cannot take credit I have only had her a month. we cuddle at night she will lay under the blanket on my lap but you can see from the top pic she can get fiesty there she is puffy up her chin not appreciating her photo being taken. She is very mellow but gives isn ot like my tegus that you can pick up and cuddle for a bit. I am still new though so she is making progress with her tolerance of me. :)

I have been feeding her only insects, some shrimp and some ground turkey. She is afraid of alot of the large roaches especially the hissers unlike my tegu who loves to take 5 minutes to kill each one. So I have to stay while she eat otherwise they would be all over the house becaue I don't think she was fed alot if insects she is not a very adept hunter.

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
How hard was it to get the permit? She is a good looking Sav. How old is she?

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
jerobi2k said:
wow, where do you need a permit for a sav.? mind blown..

Massachusetts, you have to have a permit for any Varanid. There are quite a few other permit only reptiles that would surprise you as welll.

adam1120

is mass the only state you need a permit in? do you got to pay for it? just wondering thats weird is it cus they have a enviroment they can be released and thrive there?or just got a permit cus noone of thos old people ever had a reptile?

turtlepunk

I LOVE your savannah monitor!!! I have always wanted one, but with an extreme tegu, beardies and way too many snakes I think i have my hands full. But maybe some day <3

herpgirl2510

I had to have the place I go her from sign a sworn affadavit that she is not a wild caught savannah and that she was captive bred and born. The permit costs $25. I don't think you can get a permit for any illegal animal I bet if I had asked about one of the larger ones I would have been told no. She is not even a year yet. I think the problem in mass is the size some of the monitors get and whether they are wild caught. I know if you want to keep a larger species they have the option of coming and viewing where you keep them. I also cannot move with her without informing them I also doubt I could ring her in public. James sent me the link with the info on who to get in touch with.

jumper123

i live in ma.. i probably just wouldn't go through the hassle of getting a permit. some law enforcement personnel tried to tell me I need a permit for the tegus because they are monitors. yes well shows how smart they are.. I could probably just tell them the monitor was a type of morph of tegu and they would buy it.

herpgirl2510

I would worry about getting attached and having her taken from me. I live in a very small town and my 8 year old is always telling everyone about my reptiles.

jumper123

Haha ya that's a problem. Kids love to talk! I hear you my town is beyond small and political never thought of that. My cousins would probably spill my secrets...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mightytegu