• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

little sav.

alewis0890

5 Year Member
:)

Before hand, I know about dirt, I chose sand because i just happened to have a 50 pound bag full laying around lol.

aside from that here she is.

Attachments

• DSCF0330.jpg
    514 bytes · Views: 3
  • DSCF0333.jpg
  • DSCF0338.jpg

alewis0890

5 Year Member
more.

Attachments

• DSCF0337.jpg
    514 bytes · Views: 2
  • DSCF0336.jpg
  • DSCF0340.jpg

alewis0890

5 Year Member
that was about freakin CRAZY bro. cheap az smoke detectors didnt even go off, gah I live in the ghetto rofl... we go in and your all gasping for air while im smoking a ciggarette with a squirt bottle lmao.

alewis0890

5 Year Member
oh and so everyone knows.... i had her on cypress mulch with a 60 watt basking bulb, and aparently the bulb caught itself onfire along with her tank....

omgtaylorg

5 Year Member
haha yea pretty intense, she still looks great though aside from her being smaller than the sav you intended to buy.

ashesc212

5 Year Member
Nice pic...

now can you elaborate for the rest of us lol? Did your whole place burn down or just that the cage started to burn? Is everyone ok?

alewis0890

5 Year Member
every one is ok, her tank was on fire from the inside... the bulb caught itself on fire and spread from there.... the tegus cage, well the WHOLE ROOM was filled with smoke real thick... it was just the room that was messed up... just the tank was on fire.

kryptonitebarz

5 Year Member
Wow... I'm a bit worried now. I have a towel over my tank to keep the humidity in... definately going to change that when I get in.

alewis0890

5 Year Member
kryptonitebarz said:
Wow... I'm a bit worried now. I have a towel over my tank to keep the humidity in... definately going to change that when I get in.

nah thats fine.... see, the bulb caught on fire lol, thats what caused everything in the tank to catch on fire... not something being op of the tank, i have a towel on top right now lol.

alewis0890

5 Year Member
HAHAHA just a regular household bulb... for basking lights, i dont use petstore brands, nor halo's.... as long as it doesnt have a clear tip (they cause beams that are EXTREMELY hot) then its good to me... i just wont buy anymore bulbs from the dollar store rofl. no clue how it happened though.

ashesc212

5 Year Member
when we first put in kwayze's lights, we had the fixture attached to the inside top of the cage and we noticed the wires turning black... we had to redo the wiring, change it to a ceramic fixture, and now we have a gap in between the top and the light. we also have a heat shield in between so that the wires do not overheat now.

you were lucky to have caught it before something major happened!!!! :yik

alewis0890

5 Year Member
i know it could of been bad. i WOULD have an extra porcelain fixture... had taylor not screw one to his tank like it was holding it together and shattered it LMAO so i gave him another. what i need to do is hop on finishing this 2 level tank lol.

alewis0890

5 Year Member
i got a 4 pack for $.88! LMAO they get my basking spot PERFECT too i got one bad one out of 3 years of dollar tree basking bulbs... thank you DT!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mightytegu