• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

lost ball python help

ameivafan123

Hi, I lost my 20 inch ball python about 3 weeks ago and I cant find her any suggestions on where a snake that size could hide? do they hide where its cold or hot? I live in a small apartment and i cant seem to find her anywhere!! Any advice would be appreciated.:)

TeguBlake

Put foil around your walls of your house! It's like an alarm it worked the past 3 times I did it and but Walmart plastic shipping bags around the parameter of your house! I lost my ball for 5 weeks then it ended up In my school bag..... And I'm lucky It didn't take a field trip...

But the other times I found him makeing noise on the bag and foil lol they like to follow walls.

dragonmetalhead

1,000+ Post Club
Snakes can hide just about anywhere they can fit their head into. A python that size could be literally in any hidey hole in your apartment. I have found that when snakes escape, they typically seek out a place that's sheltered, dark, and warm. In addition to the bag method mentioned above, you can try using flour to track the snake's movements; sprinkle some on the floor and see if your snake leaves a slither trail. Best of luck in your hunting.

Dubya

1,000+ Post Club
Years ago, I had a ball python that got loose and I found it in my baseboard heater after removing all the heater covers. It was winter and the baseboard heaters were warm.

SomethingTegu

I lost a BP once a long time ago in the basement. I read on some sites to put down flour around the area to track the snake's movement, lay down a heat pad that's always on for warmth and they might lay there since it's warm, also keep some food out for the snake near the heat pad. I did that and it actually worked in finding the young BP.

Dubya

1,000+ Post Club
What's the deal with all these ball pythons getting away? Why no other snakes? Sounds suspicious to me.

mattlagrone19

No expert with snakes at all but maybe a heat pad with a hide of some sort so he doesnt feel like hes just sitting out in the open... And just keep checking the hide.... Maybe put a mouse on it to maybe...

Dubya

1,000+ Post Club
[attachment=5914]Maybe your animals are trying to make a break for it.

Attachments

• Madagascar_Theatrical_Poster.jpg
    Madagascar_Theatrical_Poster.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 10

BatGirl1

1,000+ Post Club
My ball escaped before I learned about lid clamps...haha. it was our first snake and I didn't realize they could reach up there and nudge the lid off! Anyway...found him hiding behind the hutch. So yes, following the walls is correct. Heat maybe. But mine was not near heat source. Dark small area against wall. Nocturnal and yes if they smell or sense a mouse that may do the trick. Maybe put live mouse in one of those small barred cages? In a place against wall where snake would feel safe. Only problem is, you'd have to be there to see it hunting or you're out of luck. Maybe that idea about foil or crumpled walmart bags around the food source would be like an alert to you. Good luck either way!!!

Sent from my ZTE-Z990G using Tapatalk 2

bfb345

yeah i had a ball python get out on the second floor once found her the next morning on the 1st floor in the closet lol

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980