• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Lost Colombian Tegu

Cornelius

I have lost mine a couple times but usually goes to the same spot every time. (Same 2spots) I let mine walk around my room and he is really good about it. Also a young one. I stuff a towel under my doo so he can't get through. But I took my eye off him for 5-10 mins because he has been being good, like resting with my cat selvester under my chair, or just sleeping next to my heater. I my self had taken full responsibility for the couple of times he did get out, so I know exactly how tight to stuff the towel under the door, because one time I lightly did it, and he got out. This time it wasn't me sealing the door,(not blaning her) but just know how to do it more correctly. So I hear the little stinker trying to climb my wall, I laughed, he stopped and closed his eyes. Next thing I know he is missing. I have a ssmall area just outside my room that he has gone to the most, then another room that doesn't have a door, but is FILLED withjunk and hiding spots for him. I don't know how many times I re arranged that room. Tommorrow I'm starting spring cleaning early and plan to spend my Saturday looking for him. I also do have a room just outside my door to the right that he always just walks by, it's about 50 degrees f in there, and really think he has no interest in being in there. His name is teg. I called his name about 5 times today and heard him give me 4 big huffs. But I really could not pin point where it came from. I still continue to call his name from time to time. Every time he has got out, it's been his loud moving that gives him away. He ate a pretty good sized mouse the day before he went missing. He had trouble kinda getting it down so I know he must be stuffed! His poop really stinks and fills my room with the smell so I always get it out right away. Do you think it's possible for me to smell his poop when he does? I put some meat out, a shirt in a box with our scent(he seems to like to sleep and bask on our shirts), some water, and a basking light. All in the cluttered room. In an hour he will have been missing for 24 hr.

He is a really good taimed tegu. Gives me a couple tail whippings here and there, and huffs if I call his name because he knows I'm coming to get him. :) or pick him out of his cage. That's why I think he huffed earlier.

bfb345

use the old kentucky flour trap like on duck dynasty they caught a rough neck monitor that got loose in the warehous

bfb345

look in any closets or dark spots also look in bundled up things like clothes for example really look anywhere you havent good luck

Midwestmonster

5 Year Member
Good luck finding him. It's unbelievable how sneaky these little guys can me. Even in my closed off room, mine has found herself in interesting places. I always keep an eye on her when she's roaming around.

Please keep us updated. I hope you find him.

nepoez

5 Year Member
Unfortunately it's over now. It's been 7 months and I have just moved to a new house. I've posted an update to what I'm doing now in the B&W tegu section of the forum.