• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

lost tegu :(

Jeremyxb12

5 Year Member
i have a lot of stuff under my porch And recently my tegu escaped under it. how can i find him? he has been under there for a few days and each day i have searched for him how can i find him what would be the best way to find him? please help he is only 3 months old

jerobi2k

maybe set up a heat lamp/basking spot right by where the gU will be able to see it with a small plate of familiar food. maybe right next to where it would enter the porch area and go from there.

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
jerobi2k said:
maybe set up a heat lamp/basking spot right by where the gU will be able to see it with a small plate of familiar food. maybe right next to where it would enter the porch area and go from there.

Do this, are you positive he is still under there?

Bubblz Calhoun

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
This should be under Tegu Discussions but,.. depending on the weather where you live the light may not work. If it's any where close to how hot it is here,.. they can warm up and catch some rays from any where.

Your best bet may be to try and catch it yourself. I'm sure there's all kinds of grubs and things under there to eat if he gets hungry enough and decides to try some. But an easy meal may be more tempting than working for it.

So I would go with food and trying to get it myself.

Grendel

Jeremyxb12 said:
i have a lot of stuff under my porch And recently my tegu escaped under it. how can i find him? he has been under there for a few days and each day i have searched for him how can i find him what would be the best way to find him? please help he is only 3 months old

Same thing happened to me, I went under the house about 4 times looking for the tegu. I could not find it. If you can get under your porch... try, but unfortunately it will likely be a waiting game. If the temperatures are good where you are, then it will likely survive. That means that sooner or later you will see him again, but it will not be easy to catch him. In my case I caught the tegu 6 months later, but you may be more lucky since it is warm now.

got10

put down some food and water . And keep an eye on the bowls.I made a trap to catch my big girl when she got loose it was a simple cardboard box with a three ounce lead weight glued to the inside flap. when she went inside to look for food the flap was weighed down and she could not get out . Or should I say she didnt try to get out. and she was right where i thought she'd be

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980