• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Male? Or female?

Johnny Schmidt

This is my smaller tegu and I was wondering if it was a male or female? Trying to mate it when It gets bigger

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1,003.7 KB · Views: 195

laurarfl

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
This one may be too small to tell from a photo. In the future, pulling the back legs up bit to get a clearer shot of the vent may help, too.

got10

frel for any little BB balls on either side of vent. If you cant feel them then most likely female OR wait for it to poop and watch what pops out either side of the vent

TeguBuzz

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
More pics could help - feeling for the two BBs and their presence will point to it being a male.

Looks like a male to me, the femoral pores are quite prominent considering the size of the tegu.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980