• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

My Buddy has passed away

smange

My baby has spent three days at the vets with an impaction from bark chippings the vet managed to remove them with enemas and worked really hard to save him but post mortem showed abrasions down his vent which has caused peritonitus. Please if anyone is using Bark or substrates please change to newspaper it may not look as good but you will be doing you best pal a massive favour. Off for another cry.

TeguBuzz

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Sorry to hear that. I use coco husk. It's digestible, edible, and I've seen my gu's eat it before and never once had them impacted. They don't do it often though.

DragonsDen

smange said:
My baby has spent three days at the vets with an impaction from bark chippings the vet managed to remove them with enemas and worked really hard to save him but post mortem showed abrasions down his vent which has caused peritonitus. Please if anyone is using Bark or substrates please change to newspaper it may not look as good but you will be doing you best pal a massive favour. Off for another cry.

I'm so sorry for your loss

smange

Sad morning automatically got up went downstairs and looked at the viv, he usually hears me get up and is waiting at the door for is brekkie.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mightytegu