• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

My kinky blue lizard!!

Sakara

5 Year Member
This little guy came from Dave ;) As I'm sure all of you have seen, this is Kinky! This little guy is such a sweetie!!! He ate lots of crickets tonight but didn't eat the pinkie mice I offered... The other tegu in the pics belongs to a friend ;)

Here's a few crappy cell phone pics :D lol

kingy1.jpg

kinky2.jpg

kinky3.jpg

kinky4.jpg

kinky5.jpg

kinky6.jpg

kinky7.jpg

kinky8.jpg

kinky9.jpg

kinky10.jpg

kinky11.jpg

Sakara

5 Year Member
I don't think he did? I will eventually... Once he's settled in I'll get an xray done or something to see if it's a bone kink or what....

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Our herp vets wants $100 just to walk in the door. X-rays are about $90.

Kinky is kinky!!!! Actually, I couldn't tell if it is a kink or a lump. What ever it is, it's been there since he hatched and he's nearly 7 weeks old. He has a wicked appetite, so he's healthy.

Sakara

5 Year Member
dang y'all's stuff is expensive O_O lol... I should be able to get xrays for eh... $50 or so.... So I will get him in, so I know what it is... But yea... He ate most the crix yesterday, LOL! and he'll have some turkey today ;)

Zilch

5 Year Member
What Dave said! His blues have an unbelievable appetite! I've got one of Kinky's siblings and he/she completely lays waste to anything I give it to eat. 4 pinkies? No problem, bring on the chicken/turkey!

I keep a little bowl of meal worms in the cage at all times, and they get sucked down in short order... though it's always entertaining to watch him dig out and eat the ones that get knocked out or tossed out of the bowl- a truly fearsome hunter!

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I would bother feeding them meal worms, there's very little nutritional value in them and mostly shell. Superworms are much better for them. I have a colony but haven't tried them with the Blues yet.

I just gave them some turkey. I got lunged at but all the digits are still there!! They're showing their displeasure of having nothing to eat all day but some crickets in the morning.

Sakara

5 Year Member
well... I left those pinkies in there with them today and they are gone, LOL... so they didn't eat much turkey tonight... lol... But I'm sure he will tomorrow since there are no more pinkies floating around O_O

Zilch

5 Year Member
Funny you should mention that Dave, I was actually going to move the little guy up to supers this week :). I just wanted him to get a little bigger first.

I don't know if this is consistent with the rest of the clutch but my baby is an incredibly messy eater haha. Pinky mice get dismembered (I've had to clean entrails off the sides of his bin on several occasions), turkey/chicken gets flung EVERYWHERE even if the pieces are bite sized. Far from a complaint, it's actually kind of adorable in a twisted way, just an observation :mrgreen:

fuzzylogix

Sakara said:

You guys want to see what Ashley aka Sakara did to Kinky? She abandoned him in a house in Austin, Tx and he went for almost 2 full months with no food, no water, and no lights. A friend of mine found him in the house and I am now rehabbing Kinky. Here's a picture of Kinky the day he was found. Way to go Ashley...

215570_507397592620598_437834830_n.jpg

And here is a pic of Kinky taken yesterday after my friend syringe fed him for a week because he doesn't have the strength to open his mouth.

431464_352642828147993_1926804903_n.jpg

He is now in an acrylic tank for observation and has been basking and soaking by himself. I hope to have him taking his own food in a week or two. I even started Kinky his own Facebook page. Please check it out to keep updated on his progress.

http://www.facebook.com/KinkyTheTegu

Diablo

5 Year Member
fuzzylogix said:
Sakara said:

You guys want to see what Ashley aka Sakara did to Kinky? She abandoned him in a house in Austin, Tx and he went for almost 2 full months with no food, no water, and no lights. A friend of mine found him in the house and I am now rehabbing Kinky. Here's a picture of Kinky the day he was found. Way to go Ashley...

215570_507397592620598_437834830_n.jpg

And here is a pic of Kinky taken yesterday after my friend syringe fed him for a week because he doesn't have the strength to open his mouth.

431464_352642828147993_1926804903_n.jpg

He is now in an acrylic tank for observation and has been basking and soaking by himself. I hope to have him taking his own food in a week or two. I even started Kinky his own Facebook page. Please check it out to keep updated on his progress.

http://www.facebook.com/KinkyTheTegu
Good god....poor thing

agv0008

SnakeCharmr728 said:
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=214444&highlight=sakara

That's some crazy stuff. Worst thing that ever happened to my snakes was a few mites on my Boa when I got her. Went away after treatment in a few days. Snakes are so easy to take care of IMO, the thought of getting a new snake that makes all my other ones get IBD is terrifying.

Also, those pics of the tegu show that this person obviously has issues properly caring for animals.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mightytegu