• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

My new Jewelled lacertas (Lacerta lepida)

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Here are some pictures of my next breeding project, these are my Jewelled lacertas (Lacerta lepida).

DSCN4038.jpg

DSCN4033.jpg

DSCN4024.jpg

DSCN4049.jpg

DSCN4026.jpg

tupifan

5 Year Member
very nice animals, didn't theit name change in timon lepida
the animals on the pics look like males very bright colors

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
tupifan said:
very nice animals, didn't theit name change in timon lepida
the animals on the pics look like males very bright colors

They are known by both names, they are also known as Lagarto ocelado.

Ocellated lizard (Timon lepidus ibericus(Lacerta lepida)) Lagarto ocelado
Timon lepidus lepidus - Most of Spain and Portugal. Present where the other sub-species are not present.
Timon lepidus ibericus - North-western Iberian Peninsula (Spain and Portugal) Their teeth are not arranged the same as the other sub-species, being more aligned and becoming larger and irregular towards the back of the mouth.
Timon lepidus nevadensis - South-Eastern Spain. They are duller in colour; their head also seems more pointed.
Timon lepidus oteroi Extreme North-Western Spain

Formerly classified as Lacerta lepida

English: Ocellated Lizard
Spanish: Lagarto ocelado or Lagarto
Portuguese: SardÃ?Æ?Ã?â??Ã?â? Ã¢â?¬â?¢Ã?Æ?ââ?¬Å¡Ã?â??Ã?£o

Family: Lacerta
Distribution: Iberia, southern andwestern France, noth west Italy

A species of Timon, a genus of lizard sometimes regarded as a subgenus of Lacerta, both of which belong to the family of Lacertidae (the wall lizards). Commonly referred to as Ã?Æ?Ã?â??Ã?â??Ã?¢Ã?Æ?Ã?¢Ã?¢ââ??¬Ã?¡Ã?â??Ã?¬Ã?Æ?ââ?¬Â¦Ã?¢ââ??¬Ã?â??ocellatedÃ?Æ?Ã?â??Ã?â??Ã?¢Ã?Æ?Ã?¢Ã?¢ââ??¬Ã?¡Ã?â??Ã?¬Ã?Æ?ââ?¬Å¡

Nero

5 Year Member
I dont know anything about them but they are pretty wicked looking. they look like a tegu/skink/monitor. How big do they get?

Azaleah

5 Year Member
Those are one of the animals I have always wanted but never had the chance to own. Beautiful creatures.

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Jewelled lacertas are the largest of the lacertas they can reach 24 inches, they make good pets and can get pretty tame.

I did not get these from Bert, I tryed to get some from him, but he did not have any.

Thanks for the kind comments guys. :)

tchoupinany

good evening,
I need your help! Let me introduce myself my name is Melanie and I am a student and I have to create a lizard. I chose to do a Timon Lepida after seeing the photos of yours. Would it make me poissible pictures of your lizard. The problem is that it would be quite urgent ... I need it this weekend ... If it poissble thank you contact me ([email protected]) I would take pictures as good as those qualities that you had posted but really seen from above, below, listed and others ... (and hands ^ ^)

In advance thank you:)
(Sorry for mistakes I'm French)

Reptile_fever

Very nice for sharing them!! I've wanted one for so long, then found out recently there illegal here.There so nice looking! It was it's origin that made me want one,see i'm Portugues!!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
annettekirtont