• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

My tegu is hibernating but is in middle of shed...

JabbatheRedTegu

5 Year Member
what do i do? i have been spraying him with water once a week or so, but should I be doing more? I also have a humidity problem in the cage.. not sure how to help it.

lazyjr52

5 Year Member
What is your cage setup like? Temps, substrate, and what type of cage are you using (aqaurium or custom made), how big is it?

JabbatheRedTegu

5 Year Member
150 gallon aquarium (not custom)

Mulch...i think it's called cypress mulch but not 100% sure...

temperature is now about 70 degrees everywhere because he's in hibernation and I haven't had the light on at all.

txrepgirl

5 Year Member
How do you know that he is in the middle of a shed ( since he is hibernating ) ? Did you dig him up and saw it ? If you are just misting the top of the mulch I don't think he gets any of the water on his skin. Even if you spray the humidity will not be very high since the lights are off. When my Tegus are hibernating I don't spay the enclosures. But I give them a some luke warm/ warm baths when they come out.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980