• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

My Tegu might be Hibernating? not sure?

JabbatheRedTegu

5 Year Member
Hey guys/girls, I was hoping you could help me out. My 6 month Red Tegu has been burrowed for the past 8 days or so, and I'm not sure if I should wake him up for some ground turkey or anything. I can't tell if he's burrowing to hibernate or just to burrow, but I feel like he's not getting the nutrients he needs .. how do I know if he's hibernating or just being an idiot?

Thanks !

- Mike

AWD247

5 Year Member
Sounds like he might be going down, when this happend to me the 1st time i just kept the substrate kinda flattened down (so I can see if maybe there was any movement at night) but if it looks unmoved, then hes probably out.

JabbatheRedTegu

5 Year Member
Thanks for the quick response. But how do I know he's going down for 100% sure? What if I should be feeding him now and he's starving himself instead? Should I go in there and bother him at all or just leave him be?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
purplewombat