• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

My tegus back

kyle

5 Year Member
My tegu has always had a little hump in his back and I never thought it was anything but it is begining to concern my more please let me know what you think I should do or if its anything. Thanks
114_7014.jpg

114_7012.jpg

kyle

5 Year Member
I called a vet and emailed them the pics. They said that it is either an abcess or a fracture that has healed. If it is a fracture then there is nothing that can be done and they said it shouldnt be a problem as long as he is eating and moving around fine, and if it is an abcess it will get bigger and he should be brought in to have it drained. Does anyone here know if it is a fracture will it affect how he grows and his health for the future?

cornking4

5 Year Member
Based on the picture I would guess that it's a healed spinal fracture, but it's hard to tell without x-rays. When a fracture heals, the bone is mended with callus tissue, which doesn't grow like undamaged bone, so he may have a slightly shorter spine than usual. The permanent effects of these kinds of injuries (as long as nerves are untouched) are almost completely cosmetic, so I wouldn't be too worried... Definitely take him to a vet though; an exam by a professional is always a good idea! ;)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980