• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Need advice! New Columbian Tegu

Jazzyjnoah

Hello everyone!!! I am new to the tegu community and I am very excited! I got a very sweet, Gold Tegu. He is only a few months old, probably about 12 inches. I've only had him since Sunday, so two days. He is eating well, scrambled eggs, ground turkey and fruits. I am a little concerned now because his abdomen is pretty swollen and I have not seen him defecate. I'm going to school to become a vet tech so I may be just over thinking this, but I'm worried he may be impacted. Is this normal? I'm not sure if his abdomen is swollen because he stuffed his face with the scramble eggs or if it is the beginning of an impaction. He is still very alert and active as well. Is my vet tech brain just reading way too much into this?? Any advice is appreciated! Thanks so much!

Bubblz Calhoun

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Welcome to the site and thanks for coming :) . Since it' has only been 2 days I wouldn't worry much about it, more than likely he's just bloated from eating and everything should go back to normal after he defecates.

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Welcome to the forum!
Congrats on the new addition to your family! I agree with Bubblz Calhoun, give it some time and you will see him defecate. Make sure your temps and all are proper and things will happen naturally :) Would love to see some pics when you have a moment!

Jazzyjnoah

Ok thanks so much guys! And I soaked him in a nice bath and he went, my brain was just over thinking it haha luckily I spoke to my exotics teacher and she said if I was really worried about it, I could sneak him in for x-rays . The perks of going to a vet Tech school! Haha! But all is well now! And here are some pics and I may be bias but I think he is the cutest thing I have ever seen! Haha
IMG_20141020_162929.jpg
IMG_20141019_201432.jpg
20141021_153744.jpg

Jazzyjnoah

He is! I can't get over it! Haha and I graduate in July, but I'll be done with classes in April, then I do my externship. I actually go into surgery next week! So crazy, but I definitely want to work at an exotics clinic. I have to work with reptiles!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mightytegu