• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

need antibiotics please?!!

mr.tegu

5 Year Member
i want to know if i can obtain a good (over the counter) medication/antibiotic for a mild respiratory infection for my tegu. the only reason why i feel he might be ill is a mucus like nastril and in deep sleep sounds like a baby snoring kinda. his breathing sounds very clear and very clean, clean as in no popping or weezing. activity level seems normal and still a very good eater. i have already uped the temps a bit to ambient cool side around 78, hot side around 95 or so. this mucus will dry and create like a buger blockage and he trys to like exhale a lot to clear it so i have been soaking in the bath every other day so i can remove this buger. IF i notice any negitive changes like loss of appitite or activity he will go to the vet!! any help or suggestions please would be great.

chelvis

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
unfortuntly there are no over the counter oral antibiotic. They are considered "controled" but medical professionals. If your really worried about an URI take him to a vet. Thats the only way now a days to really get an anitbiotic that isn't too strong. The only other kind i can think of is going to a feed store they sometimes have cattle anti-biotics but this are designed for animals with much different systems then a reptile and can actully cause more problems. Like I said best bet, bute the bullet and take him to the vet.

mr.tegu

5 Year Member
my male tegu seems to be doing a lot better. i was wanting the name of some antibiotics that can be used for reptiles with a u.r.i. im trying not to bother him that much but everytime i go to check on him he wants out to play. yesterday i let him roam around the house with me for about an hour. so far so good for him.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
annettekirtont