• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

New beardie!!

sunshine22

5 Year Member
I just got a new little beardie yesterday and I already love it! I've had them before, but none of my previous ones ever waved! This one has been doing it alot since I brought it home, I think to it's reflection! It's so funny and cute! :)
148_4120-1.jpg

Just figured I would share!

G

The waving is adorable! Mine did that when he was younger, I read that its a submissive behavior, it could think you're wanting to eat it :(

G

Yours is so dark!! Or maybe its just cause my beardie is super light. I love beardies, they're great little lizards :D

sunshine22

5 Year Member
RHETORICx said:
The waving is adorable! Mine did that when he was younger, I read that its a submissive behavior, it could think you're wanting to eat it :(

Yes, I read that also! He did stop since I've been handling it more now. I'm trying to get him to be calmer when I take him out of his tank to handle him, which is becoming quite the challenge! But once I hold him for a little bit and start rubbing his head he calms down pretty quick. However, how long that lasts is a gamble! He tries to jump out of my hands all the time! All the other beardies I've had were never like that, but I think they were more used to being handled when I got them. He's definitely a little crazier than my previous beardies! haha

sunshine22

5 Year Member
Daenerys said:
Yours is so dark!! Or maybe its just cause my beardie is super light. I love beardies, they're great little lizards :D

Yes! I chose him because he was the darkest one at the shop I got him at! He was also the biggest. All the previous beardies I've had were all very light colored, so he (or she) stood out to me! I think it's going to look pretty cool when he gets bigger!

brutus13

Beardies are great I have 5!! Yes the waving is sign of submission just letting you know that he means no harm lol. You should be able to tell the sex. Flip the tail and rotate it a little bit if you see to buldges you got yourslef a little boy ;)

sunshine22

5 Year Member
brutus13 said:
Beardies are great I have 5!! Yes the waving is sign of submission just letting you know that he means no harm lol. You should be able to tell the sex. Flip the tail and rotate it a little bit if you see to buldges you got yourslef a little boy ;)

Hmmm, looks to me it is infact a little boy! :p Yay!

G

sunshine22 said:
Yes! I chose him because he was the darkest one at the shop I got him at! He was also the biggest. All the previous beardies I've had were all very light colored, so he (or she) stood out to me! I think it's going to look pretty cool when he gets bigger!

Well he is very handsome :) I'd like to see him as an adult, see if his coloration changes at all!

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeguSteff