• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

new black roughneck

frost

1,000+ Post Club
got this at the expo.[attachment=2279][attachment=2278]

Attachments

• Photo0078.jpg
    Photo0078.jpg
    9.8 KB · Views: 8
  • Photo0076.jpg
    Photo0076.jpg
    10.1 KB · Views: 7

frost

1,000+ Post Club
its just one,figured id put more than one put up tho.but still a baby.when i got it home he had both eyes closed,i figured soemthing was in his eyes so i put him in some warm water.then he opened them both and i noticed a bnch of white gung in one of the eyes i got worried but i ended up getting it out.not sure what it was. but i got him in a arboreal cage i made.im gonna make it twice as wide as soon as i get some time on my hands. is that enough info montana?:p btw u seem a little grouchy.. ill give you an e hug.=] {hugs montana} haah sry im a little hyper.been stuck in a car for 5 hours..=/

frost

1,000+ Post Club
they get around 4 or so feet long.not teh biggest.didnt want something like a water monitor with two tegus on their way this summer.

Varanus K.Face

AWesome!!!! V. Rudicollis is one of my favies!!! Do you have any other varanids?

Hows the temperament on the new little guy? They are such cool lizards....great investment on your part!!! So cute!!!

frost

1,000+ Post Club
nah thats my only one.i have a blue tongue skink.and my fiance has two little ones.i got a mama. his temperament is pretty good hes shy which is to be expected but not aggressive. im a little worried about the white gunk i got from his eye. im thinking of getting some med from teh vet.

Rhetoric

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Pretty neat! I don't know anything about them, are they mainly arboreal? Are they more of a look at species?

frost

1,000+ Post Club
yeah mainly.their from the treetops if tropical forests i think. i have mine in an arboreal cage. the guy i got it from said they were good lizards he took them out all the time.i took mine out a few times,it is still very shy and it bit me once but didnt try after i put him in some water. i can pet him in the cage and he doesent usually run. all in all hes pretty cool i glad i got him. o im not sure what the sex is im just saying hes a boy lol.

frost

1,000+ Post Club
heres the cage hes in.[attachment=2399]

Attachments

• P1010562(2).JPG
    P1010562(2).JPG
    1 MB · Views: 3

reptastic

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Awesome find i wish i had the space to keep a monitor but with the tegus its just not feasible atm but if i ever get bk into a house Im getting a black throat they are my fave

frost

1,000+ Post Club
yeah hes great,no aggression towards me at all.hasent even puffed up.usually out sunbathing too.

Rhetoric

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I didn't know where to ask you this at lol, are you still planning on getting a tegu or two this summer?

Hows the monitor doing? I've seen some videos since you've posted this thread and they seem pretty neat

Rhetoric

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Yeah it was to you. I saw youtube videos lol it wasn't your specific monitor

s4sainz

very cool, they one of the best pet monitors, this is what you can look forward to, as they will get larger and more impressive. got your messages on youtube :)
DSC_1319.jpg

DSC_1316.jpg

DSC_1317.jpg

DSC_1318.jpg

DSC_1320.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erectus