• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

New Blue Tegu Hatchlings!!!

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
FIRST ONE HATCHED!!!!!!

IMG_1255_.jpg

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Second one coming out of the egg!!!
IMG_1259_.jpg

That's the thermometer probe next to him.

It's AMAZING how that big lizard comes out of the little egg!!!!

Second one basking.
IMG_1263_.jpg

PinkPunisher

5 Year Member
Congrats!! Hurry and ship me one that hasn't hatched yet! :) lol Thats crazy how dark they are, I would have expected them to be much whiter at "birth".

Crazy jealous Dave, take good care of them and keep us all updated :)

How are their mom and dad doing, any news? You could try using some mineral oil as a laxative to try and help them get it out. Bobby recommended it to me when I thought mine was plugged.

Spencer

Aranha

5 Year Member
omg it was due this weekend! Theyre beutiful dave =D. I would so buy one if i lived in the usa!

Keep us updated mate and grats on the wounderful baby tegus!

Youre now a mom! =D

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
PinkPunisher said:
Congrats!! Hurry and ship me one that hasn't hatched yet! :) lol Thats crazy how dark they are, I would have expected them to be much whiter at "birth".

Crazy jealous Dave, take good care of them and keep us all updated :)

How are their mom and dad doing, any news? You could try using some mineral oil as a laxative to try and help them get it out. Bobby recommended it to me when I thought mine was plugged.

Spencer
Thanks!!! They will lighten with each shed.

Mom & Dad are doing OK. Still impacted. They'll be getting a barium x-ray next Saturday to see were the problem is. The male threw up the barium when we got home on Saturday. He's more active today though. Basking alot more. I've got to call the vet in the morning to see what he wants to do. He had said not to give him mineral oil because it could go down the wrong pipe and get in his lungs.

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
DaveDragon said:
Thanks Bobby!!!

Not everyone can say they've bred Tegu's and actually done it!!

TeguBreeder_1.jpg

You bet Dave, and have proof like you do, however some claim to be breeders without proof.

MMRR - jif

5 Year Member
Congrats, Dave! If you keep posting photos of those cuties I just might not be able to resist. I kept Blues years ago and adopted them all out and now I'm sort of regretting it. I really liked them.

Please keep us updated on the progress of the other eggs.

Harveysherps

5 Year Member
So Dave how many babies to we have now? You left us hangin with the 2. Surely more have hatched by now. I hope all is well.

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Harveysherps said:
So Dave how many babies to we have now? You left us hangin with the 2. Surely more have hatched by now. I hope all is well.
4 as of this morning. My wife said she would stop home during her Prep Period (some time during the day) and they'll be home at 3:30pm. I won't get home until about 6pm. I'm hoping to see 10 more!!!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980