• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

New cage my tegu

cihan yak

My tegu the cage is finished, ı used hay bale in the cage .ı hope it is good and healthy for him...isnt it so?

Last edited:

cihan yak

Photo

Attachments

• 20160122_220524.jpg
    20160122_220524.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 76

Jrock23

Very nice cage, but u need hideout and a hidebox.. If that is aspen shaving it will not hold humidity.. You can you cypress mulch or forest bedding or topsoil and sand.... Let not forget a water bowl lol... I love the background piece, what type of material did you use to put it together..

cihan yak

Thnx I see, ı used shtraphor for background....the finish...a hidebox and a water bowl also its half is cocohusk and soil and the other side is hay

Attachments

• 20160123_230930.jpg
    20160123_230930.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 31
Last edited:

Jrock23

I like it, you may want to get a heavier water bowl.. Tegus are know for flipping over water bowl LOL... My gold tegu did it everyday lol... Now that i have a heavy bowl, my tegu has problem trying to flip it and it so funny to watch....

Walter1

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Not necessarily even ceramic. Could also be for dogs with the very wide base and metal exterior for easy washing.

Still, I'm seeing a five star accommodation for your tegu.

Jrock23

I never thought about using a dog bowl, i usually get bowls from an reptile expo in my area... What do you mean you still seeing a five star accommodation for my tegu lol...

Walter1

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Oh, I see. I meant for Cihan Yak. Made a Cush place to live for his tegu.

On water bowls, I've found that argies are seemingly desperate to flip things because they're what we'd describe as curious and active foragers= never know where you're next meal might come from. If in a glass aquarium, chance for chipping glass if a ceramic bowl is flipped or shoved. Dog bowls I'm suggesting don't flip so easily, and will break nothing if they do.

Do goldens toss things around much?

BTW, any visit in my tegu pen wearing my crocs guarantees pointy snouts poking in the holes. Like they can't help themselves.

Jrock23

Ok i will look into the dog bowl... But yes i believe the first few weeks of having my tegu, what he would do is burrower underneath the bowl and flip it. Or flip it trying to bath or drink the water... Goldens are very interesting to me, i'm understanding there behavior patterns...

viejo

5 Year Member
Oh, I see. I meant for Cihan Yak. Made a Cush place to live for his tegu.

On water bowls, I've found that argies are seemingly desperate to flip things because they're what we'd describe as curious and active foragers= never know where you're next meal might come from. If in a glass aquarium, chance for chipping glass if a ceramic bowl is flipped or shoved. Dog bowls I'm suggesting don't flip so easily, and will break nothing if they do.

Do goldens toss things around much?

BTW, any visit in my tegu pen wearing my crocs guarantees pointy snouts poking in the holes. Like they can't help themselves.
Yes, they seem to have a foot fetish! I guess foot odor is a great attractant to them. ( Not saying that you have smelly feet, lol).

Jrock23

Viejo I have heard of tegus with foot fetish but its not to smell the feet.. They do it to bite the feet LOL...

Jrock23

Walter you are the 2nd person that i heard that didn't get there toes bit lol... Hey but thats weird right, what is with tegus and feet lol...

Walter1

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Honestly, once they know you they won't bite that way. The crocs are attractive to them because of the holes. What could be inside.......?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mightytegu