• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

New Owner in WY!

Ark

Hello everyone! Just wanted to take the time to join the forums officially and post up some photos of my new family member. She's a lovely blue, named Valkyrie. She's already got her own character, even being 6.5 months or so old. She certainly enjoys being around people, but every now and then still gives me a scare.

The last couple have been:

Brumation. It's was hard to judge her starting as I haven't dealt with an animal that brumates before, but it seems despite my best efforts to forestall it with the WY winter, it finally happened. Not really eating, sleeping for a few days on end at a minimum, and no longer going through any growth/sheds.

Rough shed on her tail. She went through a couple sheds back-to-back before having time to clear all of it. A few of the last pieces came off really rough and cracked her tail a bit. The tiniest trace of blood, but still, heart attacks and calling experts immediately. Oof.

She likes to jump. I don't know if this is a normal problem to have with younger tegus, but she is intent on trying to leap to any surface she can remotely catch sight of. She's even jumped onto the banister while I was taking her downstairs, slid down, and plopped onto the carpet. Gave me a heart attack (again), but she just started to wander immediately. The heck.

Anyway, I look forward to having her in my life, and I hope to continue to share with folks on here. It seems like a great community that helps eachother out sharing their own knowledge/experience.

Cheers!

~ Ark

Attachments

• photo_2019-11-04_10-04-58.jpg
    photo_2019-11-04_10-04-58.jpg
    192.9 KB · Views: 7

Walter1

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Welcome, Ark. Lots of very useful threads and plenty of experience here.

Debita

1,000+ Post Club
Hey!! What a pretty blue! I think they're cartoon-ish when they're young. Jumping, hissing, spitting, and death rolls. Gotta love it. They generally discontinue most of that behavior after they calm down and mature. Each one is different though.

I spray extra water (along with the mister that is in the tank) when they're molting. It seems to help. Good luck! (also baths)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeguSteff