• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

New red tegu owner and need some help!!

Walter1

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Please send a picture so we can verify species, see how big it is, and check out physical condition. In the meantime, make sure it has a good thermal gradient.

Walter1

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Not missing a meal. If suitablu warm, then it either is stressed or just not hungry. Keep cage wher tegu is not on ground/ scared. Sit near his cage a lot like when reading or watching tv, etc. let him see you put food in and change wTer. Needs to see that you are not the other guy. Eventually try petting him or resting hand on his back in cage but not ready to be out for a while.

Richyoung22

Ok sounds good. I thought cage feeding was bad. Idk why he's this way because my other tegu is so calm and chill. Never went through this. But I'll give those a try and see what happens. Thanks man

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fanderson9214