• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

new rhino iguana

reptastic

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Very nice iggy, im curious has anyone ever seen their rhino head bobbing? it caught me off guard the first time khaos did it, lol i thought he was choking

teguboy77

5 Year Member
Mine does it now when he goes to his food dish,i saw green iguanas do it first so when my rhino did it i was use to it but it is cool lol.

teguboy77

5 Year Member
I had bought 4lbs i started using it in may and still have 2 1/2 pounds left but i dont give it to my rhino every day like 3 to 4 times a week he gets greens every day.

teguboy77

5 Year Member
I give mine collards,endive,chicory.i rip the leafs off and mix them together and wash them off then put them in a zip lock bad and my rhino gets all three plus tortoise chow,and some grapes as a treat.There all staple foods,collards are good for them.

teguboy77

5 Year Member
Well collards are a staple so thats good if he likes those,plus good calcium to.Hopefully he will enjoy the tortoise chow too.

teguboy77

5 Year Member
I put calcium with out d3 on his food,and on the days i use tortoise chow i use a Liquid Calcium orange flavor i add to the water,then 2 days i use multi vitamins.

RobK.

reptastic said:
Very nice iggy, im curious has anyone ever seen their rhino head bobbing? it caught me off guard the first time khaos did it, lol i thought he was choking

mine always does it with his mouth open just a tad .

teguboy77

5 Year Member
When mine bobs his head it does it fast,he did it more when i first got him,now its only alittle but again its pretty funny to see them do it.:)

teguboy77

5 Year Member
Well in greens i though it was a form of body language and there way to communicate,and that a head bob means there in charge or the boss,and there territory.But i guess its alittle the same in rhino's to,if its side to side and up and down i thought it mean there really pissed lol.:)

new2tegus

just want to say, Tegu, your rhino rocks,just glad he went back into his cage to take his dump,and not on my head,thanks for all the info on the lights.

teguboy77

5 Year Member
Thanks, new2tegus he was cool with you and me petting him and yeah he liked sitting on top of your head lol,good thing he didnt crap on your head that would of been some **** lol.:p

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980