• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

New Sav

Strange_Evil

5 Year Member
Just got my new sav in the mail today, s/he is a Captive Bred from Under Ground Reptiles , Transaction went really smooth, really good customer service.

The Sav is really great looking and really alert, took a drink, explored for 6mins and then burrowed. Going to leave him alone for the next few days. But i managed to snap a few pic's before setting him in the enclosure.

No name as of now, thinking of going with Gaara or Kiba, idk yet, suggest a name for me :)...

Oh and sorry for the crap pic's, took them on a web cam = - P

Attachments

• Picture0064.jpg
    Picture0064.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 10
  • Picture0069.jpg
    Picture0069.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 8
  • Picture0068.jpg
    Picture0068.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 7
  • Picture0067.jpg
    Picture0067.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 7
  • Picture0066.jpg
    Picture0066.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 7

frost

1,000+ Post Club
hmm,since your going with naruto names why not kimimaru? since its a savannah monitor i wold go with people with the earth element.gaara would be good too.

Strange_Evil

5 Year Member
Thank's frost! I might just go with Gaara.

Thanks rhetoricx...

Thanks Jame's! But i don't have any pic's of the set up, the only thing i have to take pictures on is my webcam for now and that's only going to work if i carried the tank over to the computer lol.. But he's held up in a 30gallon for now, with about 5" of eco earth, reptile basics small hides,corner water dish large enough to soak in, and my basking spot is a huge rock with two levels, its made for fish tanks but it has two levels and i added a stick so i could get a raised/ multi level basking spot, its 100f on the rock, 112 on the second level and about 122f on the stick. Does that sound about right?

I'm really hoping to get a new camera soon, because i want to take A LOT of pictures of my Sav and Tegu....

Big Dave

Very nice, I picked up one this week too. Mine did exactly the same thing. Looked around the enclosure, had a drink, and disappeared in it's hide. I picked him up Saturday and he just stuck his head out today.

RobK.

i saw a babay Sav in a reptile store in Salt Lake yesterday, had to fight the temptation to buy him , just don't need anymore pets right now . sure was tempting though ,

Strange_Evil

5 Year Member
herpgirl2510 said:
He looks good nice and fat.

Yeah, he already took down 4crickets,that's all i tossed in for now. Haven't handled him yet, going to give him a good week to adjust.

Big Dave said:
Very nice, I picked up one this week too. Mine did exactly the same thing. Looked around the enclosure, had a drink, and disappeared in it's hide. I picked him up Saturday and he just stuck his head out today.

Ha ha, Sav's are so cool, congrats!

RobK. said:
i saw a babay Sav in a reptile store in Salt Lake yesterday, had to fight the temptation to buy him , just don't need anymore pets right now . sure was tempting though ,

Yeah tell me about it, i was only able to get this guy because now have a free tank, and plan to just go with stacked enclosure for him and the Tegu... Thanks!

Bubblz Calhoun said:
:) Poor baby,.. looks like its head is the biggest thing on his body. Lol,.. you got a little Big head there.

So true :D, fat little belly on him too. Thanks..

roastedspleen said:
you should name him luffy

Luffy is cool,but i think i like Gaara. Thanks!

Tikikitty95 said:
What a cutie. I've been thinking about making a trip to UGR so I'm glad to hear that you are happy with them.

Thank's, and yeah i would definitely recommend them, you don't come across too many captive born Sav's now a days. Plus UGR has great customer care, they even held the sav until i wanted him shipped no questions.

Strange_Evil

5 Year Member
herpgirl2510 said:
Mine goes crazy for dubias..

Unfortunately she can put away 30 in a sitting easily.

I'll be trying roaches soon, he already took down about 20 crickets. I am going to be starting my own dubia roach colony, a guy is giving me 10 females and a bunch of adult males and mixed all for $25..

Still haven't handled him yet though.

Rhetoric

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Off topic for this thread but I really like your new avatar strange_evil. Is that a new ball?

Strange_Evil

5 Year Member
rhetoricx said:
Off topic for this thread but I really like your new avatar strange_evil. Is that a new ball?

Thanks! But no, that's my het clown female, had her for a few months now.

Attachments

• beauty for tg.jpg
    beauty for tg.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 7

Strange_Evil

5 Year Member
james.w said:
Cool little Sav. Any setup pics??

Finally got some pic's its crap pics though off my net book.

Details from previous post,

Strange_Evil said:
Thanks Jame's! But i don't have any pic's of the set up, the only thing i have to take pictures on is my webcam for now and that's only going to work if i carried the tank over to the computer lol.. But he's held up in a 30gallon for now, with about 5" of eco earth, reptile basics small hides,corner water dish large enough to soak in, and my basking spot is a huge rock with two levels, its made for fish tanks but it has two levels and i added a stick so i could get a raised/ multi level basking spot, its 100f on the rock, 112 on the second level and about 122f on the stick. Does that sound about right?

I'm really hoping to get a new camera soon, because i want to take A LOT of pictures of my Sav and Tegu....

Attachments

• Picture0080.jpg
    Picture0080.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 7
  • Picture0081.jpg
    Picture0081.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 6
  • Picture0079.jpg
    Picture0079.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 9
  • Picture0078.jpg
    Picture0078.jpg