• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

New to Tegus

Kevin Neff

Im new to the whole tegu world. Ive raised beardies and currently have a adult beardie, adult west african Gabby, and a month old columbian Tegu. I just have a few questions. My Tegu, Belleza, stays buried all day. I keep her home up to temp, uvb lights, humidity, the works. But she stays buried. Even though I keep her home warm the substrate seems cold. Will she get to cold buried all the time? Should I dig her out? She has eaten egg with crickets mixed in, but when I tried to give just a live cricket she looked at it Like I was crazy. But as soon as I drowned the cricket in egg she gulped them down. There is soooo much contradicting info Im worried Im doing something wrong. I got here 3 days ago. Should I just leave her buried? But Ive read I must take her out to work with her, but I want to do whats best for her. pPlease any info would be greatly appreciated!

well 3 days let her settle in. sounds like brumation so no food.not recommended to dig her out. giver her a few weeks to settle in she will either stay hibernating or come out and be active

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mightytegu