• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Not Eating??

sclevenger08

5 Year Member
My leopard gecko Twitch, has been acting funny for the last couple of weeks. She's kinda lethargic and hasn't been eating at all, but the weird thing is, she isn't losing any weight. She always comes out, looks in her bowel of food, sniffs it and then walks away like there isn't anything there. Should I be worried?? Thanks

Susan<3

JohnMatthew

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
What are the cage temperatures? What kind of substrate are you using? What are you feeding her? When was her last defecation? Any more info you can think of to give us a clear picture of her setup/habits would also help.

reptastic

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
it could possibly be the food item you are feeding, my leopard gecko wont eat crix, she is fed supers and waxworms(occaisionally) i dont bother with mealies and she is doing fine on these also i supplement them 1-2x a week. also your temps could be the source.

sclevenger08

5 Year Member
Well, I just checked her mealworms, and they were clustered and molded at the bottom. So Im thinking that might be the source. Her bulb blew a few weeks ago and i've been using a regular bulb until I could get her one, and it was only keeping it at about 80, if that. So I got a new bulb today, and its to about 85-90 in the warmest spot and I dumped the mealworms. Im going to try and give her fresh tonight. Hoping this will help.

P.S. I didn't know about the moldy mealworms, my mom had kept her for me for awhile. :-(.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phi Long