• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Not sure what this is

lect1

Hey guys i left my tegu with my roomate for 3 days while i went away for thanks giving i didnt think it would be a problem since he has several lizards and he has seen me feed and has fed my tegu several times i got back today n the first thing i did was check on him when i went to grab him to see how he was doing and hold him he what looked like clear mucus coming from his mouth im ive never seen him do this before so im worried

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1385924772967.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1385924772967.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 93
  • uploadfromtaptalk1385924792073.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1385924792073.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 71

LonelyBlackWolf

it COULD be a respiratory infection,but I'm not sure because I'm not an expert or something,you shold take him to a vet!!
a quote from a website:
"Symptoms and Diagnosis:Symptoms include listlessness, weight loss due to decreased appetite, swollen or bloated body, gaping, open mouth breathing, often with audible exhalations when in an advanced state. Wheezing may be heard, or clicking noises when breathing. Bubbly, stringy or sheeting mucous appears in the mouth. The head may be held in a raised position to facilitate breathing"
http://www.anapsid.org/rti.html

SnakeCharmr728

5 Year Member
They can sometimes over-drink water and have some come back out of their mouth but that seems like a lot and looks mucousy. It even looks like a lot for a respiratory infection, try opening his mouth to make sure nothing is lodged in his throat. bump his temps up and I would recommend a vet trip. They can listen to his lungs and look at the fluid under a microscope to determine if its infection.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mightytegu