• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

otis and baby. the begining. pic heavy

nemo66

5 Year Member
just got my new tegus in from bobby today. one male back nose and one female red. the black nose is named otis and the red is named baby :grno

ive been waiting and doing research on tegus for about a year now. im so excited to finally have a pair :app i think there the best pet ive ever had lol

003.jpg

004.jpg

006.jpg

008-1.jpg

009-1.jpg

011-1.jpg

014-1.jpg

015-1.jpg

016-1.jpg

017-1.jpg

they were a little dehydrated from the journey so after warming them up in their habitat i gave them a good soak.

019-1.jpg

020-1.jpg

033-1.jpg

043-2.jpg

047-2.jpg

048-2.jpg

050-2.jpg

052-1.jpg

053-2.jpg

055-2.jpg

056-2.jpg

059-2.jpg

062-2.jpg

lol otis had a poop
069-1.jpg

074.jpg

075.jpg

then after their bath i let them warm up a bit then gave them some turkey and eggs
075.jpg

082.jpg

but shortly after eating and being held for some time they seem to have gone back into hibernation.

077.jpg

078.jpg

081.jpg

i wish they wouldn't have taken the big dirt nap so soon lol should i let them just sleep until they wake up? i dont want them to get hungry or thirsty while they sleep. the black nose i very tame and docile but the red is still a little sketchy she needs a little work. but so far i am in love with both of them lol :woot their basking spot is a perfect 110 and theyve burrowed in the middle of the cage were the temp is just about in the 90's.

so what do you think of them?

txrepgirl

5 Year Member
Congrats on your two very nice looking Tegus. They are so cute :) . I would let them sleep and settle in. I know that's hard to do lol. I don't want to be rude but I don't recommend feeding them inside of the enclosure. They can get impacted when the food gets on the mulch and they eat the mulch. I learnd that the hard way when I first got our first Tegu a few years back. I didn't know to much about Tegus than. When I saw the ground turkey on the mulch in one off the pictures above I really got scared. Can't wait to see some more pictures as they get older :) . Good luck with them. Bobby sure has some awsome Tegus.

isdrake

5 Year Member
Congratulations on your new Tegus. They look very cute together. :D Seems like people are having trouble only having one Tegu. :D

rrcoolj

5 Year Member
nice lookin tegus! i agree with txrepgirl let them sleep all they want they will come out when they want. Also again feed them in a seperate container.

TanMan57

5 Year Member
WOW Very nice and did you by any chance ask who the parents were because I dont know how many black nosed clutches bobby had but that might be a jam/whitey baby like my Zero. Thanks for this thread because I will be getting my red hopefully tuesday from bobby and we will have sister reds from bobby lol. How long did it take them to ship? because my red ships out monday and I just wanted to know when she will be here. Also me and you now have the same collection of tegus lol 1 male black nose and one female red.

nemo66

5 Year Member
yea i should have known better than to feed them with them on the mulch ive read that b4 but idk guess i was exited thanks for the correction though. i just got my herpstat nd in today so i can better monitor their tempter and it has a nice night time drop control and alarms and all kinds of cool stuff. i will keep the pics coming :lol:

TanMan57 said:
WOW Very nice and did you by any chance ask who the parents were because I dont know how many black nosed clutches bobby had but that might be a jam/whitey baby like my Zero. Thanks for this thread because I will be getting my red hopefully tuesday from bobby and we will have sister reds from bobby lol. How long did it take them to ship? because my red ships out monday and I just wanted to know when she will be here. Also me and you now have the same collection of tegus lol 1 male black nose and one female red.

no i didnt think to ask the names of the parents. i will email him and ask.
lol that would be awesome to have matching siblings lol. i ordered them on the second and received them on the forth. he shipped them that same day. so i would assume you will get your red girl on wend :-D how is the temperament with your boy? otis is just great the red is the only one whose kind of sketchy. but after handling her for a little while she started to calm down. im sure she will make a great pet.

TanMan57

5 Year Member
nemo66 said:
no i didnt think to ask the names of the parents. i will email him and ask.
lol that would be awesome to have matching siblings lol. i ordered them on the second and received them on the forth. he shipped them that same day. so i would assume you will get your red girl on wend :-D how is the temperament with your boy? otis is just great the red is the only one whose kind of sketchy. but after handling her for a little while she started to calm down. im sure she will make a great pet.

well sometimes hes a little butt lol. He will huff and puff if you touch the substrate where hes sleeping and if his tail is out he will whip you if you touch him. Hes only once tried to bite and that was the first day i got him when he bolted out into another room and I tried to pick him up. Other than that he's great! Yea that would be cool if we had syblings of both of our tegus lol.

nemo66

5 Year Member
TanMan57 said:

well sometimes hes a little butt lol. He will huff and puff if you touch the substrate where hes sleeping and if his tail is out he will whip you if you touch him. Hes only once tried to bite and that was the first day i got him when he bolted out into another room and I tried to pick him up. Other than that he's great! Yea that would be cool if we had syblings of both of our tegus lol.

the red acts exactly like you describe your boy, but the black nose is really awesome. he will just crawl on you and let you pet him and explore and lick your face lol

txrepgirl

5 Year Member
TanMan57. When Bobby send out my two All American Tegus ( USPS ) he gave me the a tracking number. I went to the home page of the USPS and put the tracking number in. This will tell you what Post office it was sent from, what time and when it gets to you. I would ask Bobby if he put a lable on the box that says holding at the USPS. If he didn't they will put it on the delivery truck/van. Mine were held at the post office. Even when my phone number was on the box they didn't call me so I can pick it up. Thank God I looked it up on line and saw that the box is alredy at the USPS. Hope this helps. Oh, one more thing. They were shipped next day delivery.

TanMan57

5 Year Member
txrepgirl said:
TanMan57. When Bobby send out my two All American Tegus ( USPS ) he gave me the a tracking number. I went to the home page of the USPS and put the tracking number in. This will tell you what Post office it was sent from, what time and when it gets to you. I would ask Bobby if he put a lable on the box that says holding at the USPS. If he didn't they will put it on the delivery truck/van. Mine were held at the post office. Even when my phone number was on the box they didn't call me so I can pick it up. Thank God I looked it up on line and saw that the box is alredy at the USPS. Hope this helps. Oh, one more thing. They were shipped next day delivery.
The last tegu I got from bobby I believe came the very next day because he shipped it in the early morning. They delivered it to my house but I told bobby I would pick this one up from the post office.

(sorry not trying to steal this thread)

nemo66

5 Year Member
yea i think i would have gotten my the vary next day 2 but they didn't get shipt till like 2:00 pm they flew from Panama fl to Lubbock tx witch is about 3 hours from childress were i live but the next morning at about 8:00 am they were at my door.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980