• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Our first hybrid baby hatched!

laurarfl

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Since the mom is Kreacher, my 16yo daughter decided the first baby needs to be named Monster! I know she's bummed because she's at a music camp for another week and is missing our FIRST EVER BABY TEGU!!! Unfortunately she also has the good camera. So all I have is the Blackberry photo.

Anyway, the egg pipped yesterday, but I thought it was too early. I checked on it today and was just getting a bad vibe. I picked it up...no movement, nothing. The egg was collapsing and I didn't want the little guy to dehydrate. I had it in my hand, pondering what to do, when it started moving. The slit grew bigger and the little bugger just popped out of the egg and jumped right out of my hands!!! Holy Cow!

He is so freaking cute!!!!

tegueggs2010.jpg

eddyjack

WOW that is really neat that it jumped right into your hands! That's one way to imprint your little guy and get him use to you huh?
Way to go!

laurarfl

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I'm still waiting on the others to hatch. I have two hatchlings and one is already a pig! You can see the chocolate coloration of their legs. When my good camera gets back from camp this weekend, I'll posts pics.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mightytegu