• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Our Tegus: Whisky & Bacardi

isdrake

5 Year Member
Me and my boyfriend recently got our first Argentine black & white Tegus. We picked Whisky about a month ago and Bacardi a week ago. We think that they are both from Brazil and that they are about the same age (10 months).

Unfortunately Whisky is pretty small due not getting proper care. Sort of feels like we saved her. However she/he seems do be going great now. :) We are very happy to have them both. And we are happy that we managed to get so young Tegus. They are very rare in Sweden.

We are pretty sure that Bacardi is female. We are not sure about Whisky though... Time will tell. :)

I wanted to share some photos of them. :D

whisky5_orig_SE.jpg

Whiksy then we first got her/him. Very tiny back then. She/he have grown a lot since then.

whisky2_orig_SE.jpg

Whisky, first day.

bacardi2_orig_SE.jpg

Bacardi.

bacardi1_orig_SE.jpg

Bacardi.

whisky10_orig_SE.jpg

Whisky.

whisky_bacardi_orig_SE.jpg

Both.

whisky_bacardi2_orig_SE.jpg

Both.

whisky_bacardi3_orig_SE.jpg

Both.

And also a short video of Whisky chasing the camera.

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9z8xbSIswDY" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9z8xbSIswDY</a><!-- m -->

Pikey

5 Year Member
OK how old are your tegus & how long are they?

I'm beginning to think my new baby is a freak he/she is about 26" and big, but is still very very green still i've never seen one this big and still green??

isdrake

5 Year Member
I'm not the right person to ask because I didn't get my Tegus directly from a breeder like many others do. Tegus as really hard to come by in Sweden so I'm afraid that our Tegus have been traveling a lot and stayed at a few places before we got them. Due to stress and probably not enough food they are not as big as they should be.

However. We think that they both are 11-12 months old, Whisky is about 42 cm (1,4 feet) cm and Bacardi is over 50 cm (1,7 feet).

Pikey

5 Year Member
just wondering because my Jonesy lost his green when he was little in like 3 months and was not as big as my Harley

it's just the more i see on these forums mines they 1st i've seen this big/old & still very green

rrcoolj

5 Year Member
Pikey I've never seen a tegu keep that coloration for so long but each tegu is different. i'm pretty sure he will loose it soon. I love your tegus isdrake especially the names ;).

Pikey

5 Year Member
i know i've never heard let alone seen one keep it this ling, I would love him to keep it for ever (it would be so awesome)

-sorry not trying to hijack the thread, but yeah your 2 guys look awsome
i love the white (most i see are more black than yours)

isdrake

5 Year Member
They are growing up so fast fast. They are almost the same size now.
Whisky are now 52 cm (20.5 inches) and Bacardi are 55 cm (22 inches).

whisky14_orig_SE.jpg

whisky11_orig_SE.jpg

whisky12_orig_SE.jpg

whisky13_orig_SE.jpg

isdrake

5 Year Member
I found them in this very cute position today. :D
I can't get enough of them. So here comes some more photos.

whisky_bacardi8_orig_SE.jpg

whisky_bacardi7_orig_SE.jpg

whisky15_orig_SE.jpg

isdrake

5 Year Member
I'm sorry to inform that Bacardi past away last week. So from now on I will only post things regarding Whisky.

Today we got a new video camera because our old broke down. We wanted to try it out. Roaches, yummy. :)

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-B_akRD6kYM" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-B_akRD6kYM</a><!-- m -->

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mightytegu