• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Outdoor enclosure suggestions/photos?

KatteneMeow

Howdy everyone!

I just got on the waiting list for one of Johnny's blues and I'm looking for some ideas and suggestions on the best type of outdoor enclosures. So if anyone has photos of their enclosures to share, let's see 'em! :D

Thanks so much in advance, everyone!

jtrux

5 Year Member
I use this for small tortoises and it would be OK for a young tegu as well. It wouldn't be the best for an adult, however. The dimensions are 8'X3'.

Attachments

• Tortoise pen.jpg
    Tortoise pen.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 37

KatteneMeow

I use this for small tortoises and it would be OK for a young tegu as well. It wouldn't be the best for an adult, however. The dimensions are 8'X3'.
Very nice! I plan on keeping the tegu inside until its got a bit more size to it, but I love the lid on that!
Do you ever have any problems with the wood rotting, etc? While I live in Southern CA, we do occasionally get a tiny bit of rain, and that's the one thing I would be concerned about with the wood (and metal/wire getting rusty).

jtrux

5 Year Member
I don't worry about it, it will take a few years to rot and when it does I'll replace it. By then I will upgrade to a larger design anyways so it works out.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erectus