• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Plans for large enclosure

Red Earth Exotics

5 Year Member
Hey folks, I thought everyone might like to see the plans for my 8'X3'X2.5' enclosures I built. I am planning on using the same basic plan for my extreme giant enclosure with a few minor tweaks. It will be 10' foot long and 4' deep and 3' tall. Also instead of sliding glass doors I will probably have hinged doors with mesh screening on it.

front view....

cageplansfrontview.jpg

top view...

cageplanstopview.jpg

side view, cut-away...

cageplanscutsideview.jpg

finished product....

blackcage2small.jpg

**Sorry the scans of the plans aren't the greatest. I will try and convert the files from autocad to a jpeg file later. If anyone is interested in them.

Red Earth Exotics

5 Year Member
The ones in the pics are for my retics. The next one I'm going to modify it for my extreme giant that's going to be coming this summer.

Red Earth Exotics

5 Year Member
Here is the link to where I get the track from....

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.outwatercatalogs.com/2008_Master/lg_display.cfm?page_number=27" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.outwatercatalogs.com/2008_Ma ... _number=27</a><!-- m -->

Don't remember exactly what it cost, but I think I got enough track and wheels for 3 cages for about $35-$40 shipped.

alewis0890

5 Year Member
wow I paid like 55 bucks for 3 sets of 4' plastic tracks... I wish I would of known about this place... thanks for the future reference though.

Nice plans and tanks bro!

Red Earth Exotics

5 Year Member
no problems yet. the glass in my cages are 1/4" tempered glass. my female retic constantly tries to push at it. that plastic track is pretty tough for it being plastic.

ColdThirst

5 Year Member
Those look good. It just goes to show that when people put their mind to something they can always just do it themselves. This is a perfect example and so is everyone elses cage builds.

I think thats cool in itself.

That reminds me of the Datsun build I have to do for this summer. Thats going to be somthing as well.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoritoDan