• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Planted Enclosure

31drew31

5 Year Member
Me and my girlfriend decided to make our tegus enclosure look a little nicer. So we went to Home Depot and picked up some live plants, took an old aquarium I had and made it into a pond and then added some bark mulch on top. We also added a waterfall into it. The aquarium/cage is a damamged 120G from a pet store i picked up for 50 bucks. In the third pic you can see the little columbian sticking his head out haha. Let me know what you think!

IMG_4161.jpg

IMG_4164.jpg

IMG_4163.jpg

IMG_4165.jpg

Andrew.

31drew31

5 Year Member
Actually i have about 5-6 inches of soil underneath the mulch. The mulch is just for humidty and to make it look cleaner. Also the tegu loves burying himself in it in the one corner where i put more mulch.

31drew31

5 Year Member
well ive only had it done like that for about 5 days. But im not planning on changing the soil. just spot clean and pull out the bark nuggets that have been soiled on and replace as needed. Only time id do anything to the soil would be if it really started to smell or if i saw mold growing.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pags1029