• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Posably an issue

lect1

Hey guys my tegu keeps jumping off my shoulder while in walkin from one room to another he has done it twice now so im afraid to pit him on my shoulder again is this normal an also how much will/could it hurt him (im 6ft tall) also while try to get him out of my shoe to feed him yesterday a piece of his tail came off did i rip it or is he like an iguana that can just drop it also how do i prevent infection

RickyNo

Hes small and skittish. Hes not going to tame down till you spend more time with him. For now on just handle him inside the bathroom where he is close to you at all times. I just play on my cell phone for a bit when I'm in there with him but now he is tame enough to take in my room to watch TV with me. I usually put him inside my shirt so he gets more used to my scent. That sucks he lost his tail

lect1

It was the end of his tail im still really angry hes tail was so awesome i handle him every day n he usually wont stay still when hes on me so i cant really put him in my shirt i can i will try it see how it goes thanks

Is their anything else i can do to get him use to me faster

SnakeCharmr728

5 Year Member
Yes jumping or falling from 6ft cant hurt him and even kill him so don't carry him on your shoulder anymore. Simple as that.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mightytegu