• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Possible Dehydration???

Secret

So I just purchased my first Tegu after doing a ton of research and talking to people who have Argentine Tegus of their own. I have had him for about three weeks, but I am a bit concerned that he is dehydrated...I have never seen him drink water from his bowl, he is sleeping more than ususal, his eyes also look a tad bit sunk in, but he is still eating like a champ and is otherwise acting fine. If he is mildly dehydrated, will soaking him in warm baths every day help him re-hydrate like other reptiles? I am so worried about doing this wrong and this looks like the best place to ask questions...

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
What kind of stuff are you feeding him? Bathing him will help. Is he eating food that will help hydrate him? How do his feces look?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
It’s_me