• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Potty training

poon3284

Hey guys, my name is mike and I'm new to the forum. I recently acquired a yearling tegu named king. He is healthy and he eats every other day, but I do not think he has had a bowel movement I. The 3 weeks I've had him. How can I tell? And how do I potty train him?

poon3284

I had him in a warm bath today as I wrote this post. When I turned around it was stuff floating in the water. Didn't look much like poo tho. Looked like food he had eaten regurgitated.

Derek Doel

sometimes you may need to gently rub the their stomachs to help them go to the bathroom, if that doesnt work he may be impacted. The vet I took him to for a check up mentioned that to me. With mine he needs to go to the bathroom he starts to dig the substrate at the door to get out and within 15 min of getting out he goes to the bathroom on the floor, good thing that he always goes on a towel i have laid out

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Welcome to the forum, Mike. Definitely try the advice given above. Can you give us more information on your tegu's diet? What's he being fed now? What was he being fed before you brought him home? What does his enclosure look like? Is he eating a normal (healthy) amount?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mightytegu