• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Prehensile-Tailed Skinks anyone?

AB^

5 Year Member
nope no prehensile tailed skinks here,
but my gator lizard freinds have prehensile tails :lol: :lol: :lol:

DSC02503.jpg

COWHER

5 Year Member
KoreanDeathKid said:
I have one, he is about 2.5' long, and weighs about 2 pounds, a very impressive animal
i'll try to get some pics
2lbs? dang i do want to see some pics of that!

KoreanDeathKid

5 Year Member
sorry, no pics today, but pics are coming really soon, just need to open a couple boxes to find my camera
but yeah, mine is a bit bigger than average, the scale could be wrong, but it does say that it's 2 pounds, prehensal tail, or the monkey tail skinks are the largest skinks in the world

COWHER

5 Year Member
were not calling you a lier bro were just picture hungry :D :D and a 2pound monkey skink is something that we are all wantin to see!!! pics pics pics pics!!!!!!! :lol:

Swtbrat

5 Year Member
Bert of Agama has gravid females and will have babies in January or February.He lets them go at about 2 months old.
They will be about $500.00 each.

Brat!

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
They are some awesome animals, I thought about getting some of those one time. Nice pics!!

Johelian

5 Year Member
Heya all :)
These skinks are the reason that I have pretty much stopped posting on any of the tegu forums - although I still have "Big Teg" (who I believe will be 4 this spring) I have really focussed on collecting monkey tails with the hopes of breeding them. They are really amazing lizards, and Im totally smitten lol.

12.jpg

14.jpg

13.jpg

6.jpg

1.jpg

24.jpg

22.jpg

8.jpg

2.jpg

Big Altjira, the whitish/yellowish skink in the second to last picture, is the largest of all of my skinks - Ill try and get a pic of him being held later to give an idea of it, as he is enormous!

Nice pics KoreanDeathKid, glad to see that Turok is doing ok :)

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Hi Johelian, welcome to the TeguTalk community, glad to have you join us. :)

I have got to tell you, those pictues are awesome, you have some very nice looking animals!!

Swtbrat

5 Year Member
Johelian is the reason I want my very own Monkey Tailed Skink or two or three or maybe four. :wink:

Brat!

KoreanDeathKid

5 Year Member
Wow, so you still have your 9 monkey tail skinks?, ever plan on adding more to your collection? i might be getting another this spring

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erectus