• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

price of a blue tegu?

goonzo420

5 Year Member
Ok so i really want a blue tegu but they are super hard to find. what is the common price of a blue tegu hatchling i want a nice looking blue tegu one that has more white then black. I am going to the san jose reptile show is there a chance there will be any blue tegu's there? im not planning to spend over 300 on the tegu =\

Richard21

5 Year Member
For a Blue? $350. At the least. I know a member Tigerfangs has just hatched some Blues, and DaveDragon breeds them as well.

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
$300. We're waiting on eggs to be laid. We hatched 18 last year, hoping for more from 2 females this year. They're taking their time! :mrgreen:

Sakara

5 Year Member
I'd rather pay full price from Dave or one of the other well known blue breeders then pay a little less at a pet store with sub-standard quality ;) Dave I'm sure I'll love my baby :D

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
The chances of finding a Blue in a pet store are astronomical! I doubt there are more than 100 hatched every year. One could possibly dropped off if they lost interest.

MMRR - jif

5 Year Member
East Bay Vivarium sold a couple of adult Blue Tegus several years ago that I had adopted to someone in the area. After a couple of years he had a personal crisis and had to rehome the animals in a hurry and sold them to East Bay. I was quite upset about it at the time and wished that he had contacted me before making the decision that he did. He violated his adoption contract by not giving us the opportunity to take the animals back. One of the tegus was the largest female Blue that I had ever seen. I kinda wish I'd kept all those blue tegus that I had back then (8 total).

chris allen

5 Year Member
Yeah we all make mistakes getting rid of stuff, damnit.
albinobluetegu9-11-03pic4.jpg

chris allen

5 Year Member
Yes, and I can't for the life of me remember who I sold the trio to, or for how much.....it was when we bought our house and everything was pretty chaotic. The trio of them were from Ron St. Pierre.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980