• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

question about substrate

Anthony

5 Year Member
Hi im new here and do not own a tegu but plan on getting one from varnyard soon... I wanted to know how often do u guys replace the substrate and how often to u clean the whole enclosure or tank? Also what do you use to clean the tank and whats best way to clean it ? Mine is going to be housed inside a smaller tank from store whatever vanyard tells me to get and then i will either buy something much much bigger or build one with my friend.

GOT_TEGUS

5 Year Member
Anthony Welcome to TT and you cant get a better GU than Varnyards stock.. Great.. I use cypress and hay for substrate. I spot clean daily gettin waste out. and change the substrate once a month. Good luck with your GU

Anthony

5 Year Member
thank you. I have been doing extensive research on tegus and didnt take long to here about varnyard so i gave him a call and he was extremely helpful ... I was thinking i had to clean the substrate once a week but once a month sounds a lot easier LOL... I was actually looking into getting a monitor or iguana I wanted one for a long long time and finally started looking into getting one and then read something on tegus and fell in love with how smart and cute they are and much more friendly.... thanks again

omgtaylorg

5 Year Member
If you are spot cleaning your tank daily (cleaning up the dryed up urates and poo) then u honestly dont even need to change the cypress or w.e substrate once a month...I do it like once every 3 lol and its fine. The urates and poo dry up and then you just reach in and remove it and it keeps the cage pretty clean and smell free.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pags1029