• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

question about tegu breeding

Yiming T

I have two 2012 chacoan yearly tegus living together in a 8ft 3ft 3ft cage.
And the hibernate period is coming, I have heard that if tegus breed too early will effect on their growth.
so my question is do I have to seperate them for hibernation cuz Im scared that they will start mating too early, or i can just let them hibernate together and seperate them after hibernation.

Thank you first for all experienced tegu owner who answer my questions.

laurarfl

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
They could, they are animals. They don't know how old they are or if they are in shape for breeding. They just have instincts. ;) And if the female in a close enclosure with a male, she may not be able to escape his advances.

Marcvptegu

Soooo does it hurt them to breed early? I have a female going on going on 2. And a male who's 2 caged together. Pretty sure hibernating right now. I mean I don't mind if they do unless it does hurt their growth.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980